Customers can edit their subscriptions, update billing info, or see their purchase history through the Customer Portal via their customer account logins. You can share this link with your customers manually or through your notification emails. From your customer's perspective, it would look like this:
To set up customers with their own accounts powered by ReCharge, you'll first need to make sure your customers are prompted to create an account. To enable this, accounts need to be set as either optional or required, as opposed to disabled. To view or change this setting, go to Settings > Checkout and scroll down to Checkout Controls. Be sure to save once you're done.
Next, make sure customers accounts in Shopify are set optional or required as well. In Shopify, go to Settings > Checkout.
Lastly before customization, go to Settings > Customer Portal > select Standalone page on ReCharge > Save.
You're now ready to customize within the ReCharge Customer Portal!
Empower your customers to:
- Edit next delivery date
- Example: Your customer has too much product on hand so they want to postpone their next shipment. Simply send them their customer portal link so they can update which day they'd like their next delivery.
- Switch products
- Example: Imagine you're a coffee company. This option would allow your customer to switch easily from whole beans to ground beans for their subscription.
- Add a new product
- Example: Sticking with the coffee company store, this would allow a whole beans customer to add a subscription for coffee filters to their account.
- Skip next delivery and future charges
- Example: If a customer is going on vacation, they could skip that month's delivery.
- This feature does not apply to pre-paid subscriptions but instead for ongoing subscriptions.
- Cancel subscription
- Example: If you want cancellation emails to avoid clogging your inbox, this is a great option.
- The cancellation option is the default setting. You have the option to disable for your customers if you choose to do so.
- Change item quantity
- Example: Let's say you're a protein bar company. This option would allow your customers to specify they want less quantity of vanilla bars and more quantity of chocolate bars.
- Change frequency
- This would allow your customer to change how often they receive a product, from once a month, to every two weeks for example.
Additional fields your customers can update through the ReCharge customer portal include:
- Update billing and shipping address
- Securely update credit card information
- View future delivery schedule
- View past orders in purchase history section