Set up Braintree or PayPal via Braintree
Braintree supports PayPal as well as credit card payments. To accept PayPal, you must have a PayPal Business Account.
1. Signup for a Braintree Account
Go to Braintree Payments and sign up for an account. Make sure it's a Production account, not Sandbox. We cannot support sandbox for security purposes.
Note: It is important to make sure your currency is set the same for each of your accounts, processing, Shopify and ReCharge.
2. Copy Braintree Credentials
You'll need to get the following three credentials. When logged into Braintree, go to Account > My User and click on View Authorizations at the bottom.
- Merchant ID
- Public Key
- Private Key (Click on View.)
3. Enter your Braintree credentials in ReCharge
In the ReCharge Dashboard go to Settings > General Settings. On the following page enter the keys you've gathered.
4. If using PayPal, Enable it in Braintree (Optional)