Use the bulk managing tool to adjust the frequency and intervals of customer subscriptions at larger volumes. Under order interval unit change the subscription renewal frequency to days, week, month, or configure for annually. Follow this guide to help format your CSV file and complete a frequency and interval bulk update type.
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
For updating subscriptions and orders for Shopify Checkout Integration, visit Bulk updating product and subscriptions for the Shopify Checkout Integration.
Before you start
- When updating the frequency and interval the next charge date is updated to reflect this change. This update is based on the previous charge date.
- Frequency refers to the number and unit type refers to the unit of measurement. For example, you could set a yearly subscription by changing the charge interval frequency to 12 and order interval unit as month.
Step 1 - Access the CSV file through the Export Builder
Access the Subscriptions - All export through the Export Builder to obtain a CSV with the necessary charge date data. This data is needed for frequency and interval changes.
- In your merchant portal, go to Data and select Exports.
- Click the Create Export button to open the Export builder page.
- Click Select export type and locate Subscriptions - All from the dropdown menu.
- You can change the export name in the field under Name your export.
- Enter your email address under Export destination.
- Click the Create export button.
A confirmation email is sent after the export is complete.
To check the status of your export and retrieve the completed file
- Go to Data and select Exports.
- Locate the completed export by the export name, associated date, and update type.
- Under Actions, click the download icon to get the CSV file.
Note: The export page displays the most recent available exports, less than 2 hours old.
Step 2 - Format the CSV file
Each column in the spreadsheet must start with a header, as these represent the subscription properties needed to manage and complete the update. Recharge looks for these headers when performing the bulk update.
You must sort the CSV file and delete any rows or columns to exclude from the bulk update.
For frequency and intervals bulk update type, the required column headers to keep in your CSV file includes:
- variant_title column can be left blank if you do not use variants.
Make changes to the numbers under columns order_interval_frequency or charge_interval_frequency. Adjust the unit as days, weeks, or month for order_interval_unit.
Step 3 - Use the bulk managing subscriptions tool to update your subscriptions
Enter the formatted CSV file into the bulk managing subscriptions tool. Any column and headers removed from your spreadsheet will not be included in the mapping preview of the tool. Make sure the required column and headers for frequency and intervals are included in your file.
To use the bulk managing subscriptions tool:
- In the merchant portal, click Subscriptions and select Import updates.
- Enter your prepared CSV file and click Next.
- Review the details, locate Order interval frequency, Order interval unit, or Charge interval frequency to make sure each section reflects your changes.
- If you find that a header column is missing while previewing, check your CSV file again.
- Click the Validate your file button. A confirmation will be emailed once the update is completed.
To confirm the status of your update
- Go to Data and select Updates.
- Locate the file name, and the initiated time stamp. The date and time of completion will also be listed.
- Review the status.
If there is a green Ready button, this can be clicked to confirm your in-progress bulk subscription update.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us