There are many common seasonal sale periods during the year. Merchants will want to begin planning their promotions and training their sales team to ensure everything is set up for success. Use this guide to learn about Recharge tools and resources you can leverage during the sales period as well as the Recharge Support help and troubleshooting coverage during the holidays.
Use Recharge sales tools
Recharge provides a rich feature set of tools that you can use during seasonal sales:
- Discount codes: Recharge provides support for all discount code types offered by Shopify. You can create fixed discounts, offer free shipping, and more.
- Workflows: Workflows allow you to apply different rules to specific charges. For example, you could swap out a free trial product for the standard product or offer different pricing on the first few charges.
- Quick Actions: Use Quick Actions in your Klaviyo notifications to cross-sell or upsell to new and existing subscribers.
- Bundles: Available to Recharge Pro merchants, Bundles allow you to group items together under one SKU to create a “build-a-box” experience.
- Analytics: Use our analytics suite to evaluate the success of your holiday sales.
Looking to run a specific campaign? Check out the following resources to implement different sales techniques:
- Create a discount code with a minimum purchase amount
- Offer a discount code for free shipping
- Offer Buy One, Get One discounts on checkout orders (Shopify Checkout on Shopify)
- Apply a discount code to checkout orders automatically (Recharge Checkout on Shopify)
- Create a free trial offer using Workflows
- Create an abandoned cart e-mail using Klaviyo to send to customers after your sale period ends
- Upsell one-time products to a subscription order while in a customer's cart
- Highlight your subscription offering on your store’s homepage
Recharge wants to ensure that your sales run smoothly during the holiday season. It is better to plan ahead now than to troubleshoot during busy sales times. We recommend following these tips to ensure the best possible performance during your sales:
- Confirm if your discount codes are set to apply to the correct channels.
- If using the Shopify Checkout Integration, make sure you have created the discount code in Shopify with identical settings.
- Test that your shipping prices are accurately displayed at the checkout and on upcoming orders.
- Test any workflow, discounts, and shipping flows you are using by running a test checkout.
Other settings and tools
- Make any theme changes in advance of the sales period as changing your theme may require the widget to be re-installed.
- Review upcoming subscriptions using your exports and make any bulk changes at least five days before the holiday sale. For confirmation of dates, see Bulk updates.
Support coverage and services
The Recharge Support team is available 24/7 during the holiday season to help troubleshoot and assist with issues that arise. Certain technical support services will be unavailable to ensure the fastest possible response time.
Recharge handles tickets based on the priority level and will prioritize business critical issues during high sales periods. For example, broken checkouts or app outages would take precedence over incorrectly set discount codes or workflows. To submit a ticket, use the Recharge Support webform.
Business critical: Recharge is entirely down, or system-critical functions are inaccessible to users.
Major issue: A major component of the store’s ability to operate is affected. Some aspects of the business can continue but it's a major problem.
Degraded service: Where there is a moderate loss or degradation of services, but work can reasonably continue in an impaired manner.
General issues: Non-critical issues or general questions about the application.
Live chat coverage
Chat coverage normally operates Monday to Friday, with the exception of observed US holidays.
Processing bulk updates is a courtesy that Recharge Support performs. Bulk update requests must be received, at minimum, five business days before the charge date. Bulk updates are not be performed on the weekends.
It is recommended that merchants review their upcoming subscriptions at least a week before any seasonal sales and make any bulk update requests five business days before the stated holidays.
The following guides are often useful when preparing for holiday sales:
- Applying discount code to checkout automatically
- Bulk upload discount codes
- Can customers use Shopify Gift Cards?
- Can I exclude subscription products from my discount code?
- Can I hide subscriptions from my storefront during a sale?
- Can I use automatic promotions or discounts in Recharge?
- Can I use Shopify Scripts with Recharge?
- Changing the price of subscription products
- Do I need to use a discount code to put my subscription products on sale?
- How can I track the performance of my discount code on Recharge?
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us