The direct link to checkout feature allows you to generate a URL that takes customers directly to a checkout cart pre-configured with specific product offerings. This guide covers an overview of creating a direct link to checkout and steps for implementation.
- Migrated Shopify Checkout Integration
- Shopify Checkout Integration
- Recharge Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Stores on BigCommerce or using a custom setup are not supported.
- Direct checkout links will not preserve items currently in the cart. It will always clear the cart and add the desired product with a quantity of 1 before redirecting automatically to checkout.
- If your product has multiple variants, direct checkout links will default to passing the first variant only.
- Bundles and Collections are not compatible as the scope is for one product only. Future iterations will take Collections and Bundles into consideration.
Create a direct link to checkout
When a customer clicks on your direct link, that customer will be redirected to a checkout screen with the specified product pre-populated in their cart and ready for checkout.
- In the merchant portal, click Products.
- Click the specific product you intend to add to the checkout cart, and navigate to Set order schedule.
- Click Copy direct to checkout link to copy the direct link to your clipboard.
- Embed this link anywhere on your site, social media, or marketing outreach.
Update direct link
The product page in the merchant portal must be refreshed after saving changes such as adding intervals.
To add a new interval and use the newly generated link:
- In the merchant portal, click Products and select the specific product for interval update.
- Update the interval on subscription product.
- Click Save and refresh the page.
- Copy your updated link.
If Shopify returns an error (400, 422) when the product is added to the cart, the cause may be:
- Product is out of stock
- Product doesn’t exist in Shopify anymore
- Product is in draft mode
The error is handled by printing the error message on the page and providing a link that returns to your home page. This allows for the customer to continue navigating the site and prevent a dead screen upon error.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us