Preparing your CSV file for bulk updates and subscription management
When you need to update subscriptions at large volumes or batches, there are options for bulk updates. For all methods, you will need to prepare a CSV file with the necessary information to complete the update. To pull the relevant data, review which available exports to use.
Follow the steps below to prepare your CSV file either for the bulk managing subscriptions tool or to submit changes to the Recharge Support team.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Step 1 - Access the CSV file through the Export Builder
Access the export selection through the Export Builder to obtain a CSV with the necessary charge date data.
- In your merchant portal, go to Data and select Exports.
- Click the Create Export button to open the Export builder page.
- Click Select export type and locate the export needed from the dropdown menu.
- You can change the export name in the field under Name your export.
- Enter your email address under Export destination.
- Click the Create export button.
A confirmation email is sent after the export is complete.
To check the status of your export and retrieve the completed file
- Go to Data and select Exports.
- Locate the completed export by the export name, associated date, and update type.
- Under Actions, click the download icon to get the CSV file.
Note: The export page displays the most recent available exports, less than 2 hours old.
Step 2 - Format the CSV file
There are two options for updating in bulk. The option you should use depends on the type of bulk update needed and your store's platform. Review the options below and select based on your use.
Option 1 - CSV for bulk managing tool
Each column in the spreadsheet must start with a header, as these represent the available properties needed to manage and complete the update. Recharge looks for these headers when performing the bulk update.
- Complete the Importing Subscriptions template. You must sort the CSV file and delete any rows or columns to exclude from the bulk update. The subscription_id columns is always required.
- In your CSV file, keep or add any column headers that are needed for the update.
- Enter the formatted CSV file into the bulk managing subscriptions tool.
Any column and headers removed from your spreadsheet will not be included in the mapping preview of the tool. If you find that a header column is missing while previewing, check your CSV file again.
Option 2 - CSV for bulk updates with Recharge support
There are bulk updates that require the help from the Recharge Support team. You must have 50 or more subscription products to update for the Recharge support team to facilitate a bulk update.
You will need to prepare a CSV file with updated information and send it to the support team. Accommodate 5 business days to complete the update.
- In the CSV from exports, add NEW columns with headers to the right of existing columns. Insert the new information or value required for the update type you want completed.
- You only need to fill in the rows that will be receiving the update. Rows not requiring an update should be removed from the file.
- Do not remove any of the existing columns.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us