When checking the Orders status, there is a charge error listed as
insufficient inventory under the Error column. This error displays when one or more products on an order are out of inventory.
Normal behavior for inventory errors is when the order is marked with an inventory error if the order contains any out of stock items, these errors will be retried automatically with other charge errors.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout integration
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
This error can occur with multiple platforms. Depending on inventory behavior settings, order fulfillment, and your store’s platform, insufficient inventory errors can occur as a result of expected behavior or an issue with the order not processing.
Recharge only creates the subscription order if there is available inventory on your e-commerce platform. If the inventory is not available, the order is marked with an inventory error.
Use the troubleshooting steps below to solve the inventory error.
If the error occurred due to lack of inventory
This is expected behavior if the product is out of stock and unavailable. To clear the error message:
- Manually retry the charge once the item is back in stock. Click the three dots next to the Error column and select Retry charge.
- Consider changing your inventory behavior settings for stores using Shopify Checkout integration or Recharge Checkout on Shopify.
- Select Settings and then click Order Processing in your merchant portal. Select the Create order only if inventory is available (and reduce inventory) and Save.
- Recharge always creates the subscription order if the create order always option is turned on even if there is no available product inventory set in Shopify.
- Review Handling product inventory and Partial order fulfillment for more information on out of stock order management.
The error occurred even though inventory exists
When your product is in stock but subscription orders are not processing, confirm the following:
- Manually retry the charge to see if the charge error clears. Click the three dots next to the Error column and select Retry charge.
- Check the inventory on your store’s platform as the inventory quantities may need to be updated to connect with Recharge.
- If your store uses a third-party application for fulfillment, check that the inventory information is updated and populating to your store’s platform. This could cause mismatching of inventory data that resulted in the insufficient inventory error.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us