Recharge is the leading subscription payments solution to help launch and scale your subscription business on BigCommerce. This guide is part one of a two-part series and provides resources to help you get started, convert to the BigCommerce Checkout Integration, and more.
- BigCommerce Checkout Integration
Before you start
- By default, BigCommerce stores installing Recharge for the first time use the BigCommerce Checkout Integration (BCI).
- Eligible stores that are currently using the Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce can easily convert to the BigCommerce Checkout Integration with assistance from the conversion team. See Converting to the BigCommerce Checkout Integration for more information.
Note: If a store installs Recharge and does not meet the eligibility requirements for BCI, the Recharge team flags the store and changes the store settings to use the Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce. This process is done on a case-by-case basis. To review eligibility requirements and feature compatibility, see BigCommerce Checkout feature status.
By default, stores installing Recharge for the first time after April 3rd, 2023, will use the BigCommerce Checkout Integration. The BigCommerce Checkout Integration (BCI) uses BigCommerce’s product modifiers to store subscription information, allowing subscription products to pass through BigCommerce’s native checkout. This improved functionality provides merchants with expanded feature compatibility on the BigCommerce platform.
To review feature compatibility, see BigCommerce Checkout feature status.
Getting started checklist
The getting started checklist helps guide you through installation and setup so you are prepared to launch your subscription business on the BigCommerce Checkout Integration.
Converting to the BigCommerce Checkout Integration
Existing Recharge merchants using the Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce may wish to convert to the BigCommerce Checkout Integration. The BigCommerce conversion team can assist with store conversion requests. During the conversion process, the team checks the following and works alongside the merchant to ensure proper compatibility and store configuration:
- Confirm eligibility requirements and feature compatibility - There are several eligibility requirements and feature compatibilities to note. See BigCommerce Checkout Integration feature status for a full list of requirements.
- Store settings and configurations - Existing tax and shipping settings must be compatible or updated to ensure proper functionality.
- Additional required settings - The BigCommerce Checkout Integration requires the configuration of additional store settings. For more information on required settings, see Installation and store configuration.
If interested in converting to the BigCommerce Checkout Integration, refer to Converting from Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce to the BigCommerce Checkout Integration for more information.
Installation and store configuration
To get started, see the BigCommerce Checkout Integration Installation and store configuration guide.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us