Customers can reactivate previously canceled subscriptions from the customer portal, however, merchants can also reactivate subscriptions on behalf of the customer from the merchant portal. this guide provides instructions for reactivating a canceled subscription for a customer and the steps for processing a bulk reactivation.
Before you start
- The next charge date for a reactivated subscription is configured based on the order frequency and history. Review and update the charge date after reactivating to ensure your preferred schedule.
- Customers can cancel and reactivate their subscriptions in their customer portal.
- For instructions on canceling subscriptions review Cancel a subscription.
Reactivate a subscription
Customer details page
- Select Customers in the merchant portal. Use the search option to locate a specific customer and click on their name to open their subscription details.
- On the customer's Subscription details page, click the Actions dropdown next to the subscription to be reactivated and select Reactivate subscription.
- Click Reactivate to confirm.
- Select the Subscriptions tab in your merchant portal.
- Search for the subscription to reactivate.
- Click the Actions drop-down and select Reactivate.
- Any canceled subscriptions associated with the address will display as an option to be reactivated. Check the box for all subscriptions you’d like to reactivate and click Reactivate subscription to confirm.
Reactivate subscriptions in bulk
There are two methods for reactivating your subscriptions in bulk. Review the methods below and select the method based on your needs and preference.
Method 1 - Multi-select tool
You can use the Multi-select tool to reactivate individual subscriptions on the Subscriptions page. Refer to the following steps to process the bulk update.
- In the merchant portal, click Subscriptions and use the checkboxes to select the subscriptions you want to update.
- Click Actions and select Update status.
- Choose Active in the drop-down list.
- Click Next to confirm your update and select Prepare your update to continue.
Review the Multi-select tool guide for detailed instructions and next steps.
Method 2 - Import tool
You can use the Import tool to reactivate subscriptions. To process this type of update you must prepare a CSV template with the following required columns:
subscription_id- Use Subscriptions - All export to gather the IDs requiring update.
status- Value should be set to ACTIVE
Once the CSV is prepared follow steps 2 and 3 in the Bulk managing subscriptions guide to complete the update.
next_charge_scheduled_atcolumn to the Import CSV.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us