Use paid membership upsells to market your paid membership programs on your storefront wherever Shopify app blocks are supported. Customize the app block to fit the look and feel of your storefront and brand. This guide provides an overview of paid membership upsells and steps for enabling the feature.
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Use Shopify app blocks to advertise your paid membership programs on your storefront. You can add a membership upsell app block to different areas of your storefront allowing your customers to add the membership to their cart. The app block contains information about the paid membership program such as the:
- Program name
- Program image
- Program description
The app block will disappear when customers add a membership product to their cart. The app block will reappear if the membership product is removed from the customer's cart. The app block will not appear on the storefront to logged-in, active members.
Enable the feature
The app block displays as an option in the Shopify theme editor if at least one active membership program exists. The app block will not display on the storefront if no active membership programs exist.
You can add your Membership upsells app blocks to your storefront using the Shopify theme editor. You must add the app block to each page of your Shopify storefront that you wish to promote your memberships program on:
- From your Shopify admin, click Online Store and select Themes.
- Click Customize for the theme you wish to customize the app block for.
- From the theme editor, navigate to the template to which you wish to add the app block. For example, if you wish to add an app block to your Cart page, you must navigate to the Cart page template.
- Click Add block in the section of the template you wish to add the app block to and select Membership Upsells under Apps.
- In General Settings, click Select product to choose the Membership product you wish to promote using the app block.
- Use the checkboxes to show or hide the app block elements. For an overview of the available app block elements, see App block elements.
Optional - In the Content section, use the text boxes to override or customize eligible elements.
- Use the Button styles, App block styles, and Size & position sections to customize the look and feel of your Membership upsells app block.
App block elements
The Memberships app block comprises several elements, some of which can be customized and overridden. All elements can be shown or hidden using the Shopify theme editor. The following table provides an overview of each membership upsells app block element:
|Membership program image||Uses the product image configured in Shopify||No|
|Membership program name||Uses the Membership program name configured in Recharge||Yes|
|Membership program price and frequency||Uses the price configured from the Shopify product and the frequency configured from the Recharge Membership plan settings||Yes|
|Description||Uses the Membership program description configured in Recharge||Yes|
|Add to cart button||Default is set to "Join now"||Yes|
|Learn more link||Uses a URL provided by the merchant to redirect to a landing page with more information on the Membership program||No|
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us