This guide goes through shipping settings for merchants on the Shopify Checkout Integration. Refer to Shopify’s shipping guides or contact Shopify’s support directly for issues or questions regarding shipping settings with the Shopify Checkout Integration.
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Recharge shipping rates may be used for recurring orders depending on your configuration if you migrated to the Shopify Checkout Integration. Refer to Shopify Checkout Integration technical details and requirements for more information.
- Shopify is responsible for troubleshooting any shipping issues that may arise if the issue is not related to Shopify Shipping Profiles or retaining rates.
Configure your shipping settings
Configure and control shipping rates and settings in the Shopify Admin when using the Shopify Checkout Integration. This section applies to your store if you are not utilizing Recharge's Shopify shipping profiles or have your rates set to retain configurations. The following settings are recommended in Shopify:
Use weight-based rates and use the same rates for both one-time products and subscription products. If you would like to offer different rates for one-time products and subscriptions, you must use Recharge's Shopify shipping profiles. See Using Shopify shipping profiles for more information.
- Recharge fully supports price-based rates. When using price-based rates, set minimum and maximum cart values for your flat-rate shipping. Refer to Shipping rates for configuration details.
Price-based shipping rates for recurring charges ensure rates are based on the actual price the customer pays, including the subscribe and save price, and price overrides. Keep in mind that Shopify always selects the cheapest applicable rate for orders. If you want to assign a flat rate for recurring orders, you must apply a manual rate to your customers in Recharge:
- Click the Customers tab in the merchant portal, then search for and select the specific customer.
- Within the customer account, click the shipping method button.
- Click the Shipping method drop-down menu and select Manual from the pop-up modal.
- Enter the manual shipping rate details and click Save.
See Editing shipping rates for an existing subscription for more information.
Retain shipping rates or dynamically recalculate rates
You can choose from the following two options to set up retain rates on future orders within Recharge's shipping setting page:
- Dynamically recalculate rates for future orders: Dynamically calculates shipping for recurring orders. Recharge recalculates the shipping rate for every future recurring order and applies the lowest available shipping rate.
- Retain original shipping rate for future orders: Conserves the shipping rate from checkout. If there are no rates from the checkout, the shipping rate uses the dynamic rates instead. The retained rate will be the lowest priced rate on the first order, including one-time products.
To set your recurring shipping rate method:
- Click Settings and select Shipping in the merchant portal.
- Confirm that your Charge shipping setting is set to Charge shipping.
- Under Recurring shipping rates, click the dropdown and select either Retain original shipping rate for future orders or Dynamically recalculate rates for future orders based on the descriptions above.
- Click Save.
If a customer's subscription is created without a checkout order, for example, the customer was migrated from Recharge to another platform, the shipping rate defaults to dynamic. You can set manual overrides for these customers to configure their shipping rates, and leverage converse rates for new customers only.
Configure how orders should be handled if there are no matching shipping rates available.
- Process orders if no matching shipping rate is found. Orders are processed at a $0.00 shipping rate if no matching rate applies.
- Display an error if no matching shipping rate is found. Either the checkout or recurring order will fail if there are no applicable shipping rates.
If you have any questions about compatibility, reach out to Recharge support.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us