Merchants using the Shopify Checkout Integration set up and manage shipping settings directly in Shopify unless the merchant is using Recharge's Shopify Shipping Profiles or to set up retain rates. Shopify is also responsible for troubleshooting any shipping issues that may arise if the issue is not related to Shopify Shipping Profiles or retain rates. This guide goes through shipping settings for merchants on the Shopify Checkout Integration.
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
If you have migrated to the Shopify Checkout Integration, Recharge shipping rates may be used for recurring orders depending on your configuration. Refer to Shopify Checkout Integration technical details and requirements for more information.
Configure your shipping settings
Shopify Checkout Integration merchants set up and control shipping rates and settings in the Shopify Admin, and not within Recharge unless the merchant is using Recharge's Shopify shipping profiles or to set up retain rates. The following settings are recommended in Shopify:
Use weight-based rates and use the same rates for both one-time products and subscription products. If you would like to offer different rates for one-time products and subscriptions, you must use Recharge's Shopify shipping profiles. See Using Shopify shipping profiles for more information.
- Recharge fully supports price-based rates. When using price-based rates, set minimum and maximum cart values for your flat-rate shipping. Refer to Shipping rates for configuration details.
Price-based shipping rates for recurring charges ensure the rates are based on the actual price the customer is paying. This includes the subscribe and save price and price overrides. Keep in mind that Shopify always selects the cheapest applicable rate for orders. If you want to assign a flat rate for recurring orders, you must apply a manual rate to your customers in Recharge.
Apply a manual shipping rate:
- Click the Customers tab in the merchant portal, then search and select customer.
- Within the customer account, click the shipping method button.
- On the pop-up modal, click the Shipping method drop-down menu and select Manual.
- Fill in the manual shipping rate details and click Save.
See Editing shipping rates for an existing subscription for more information.
Retain shipping rates or Dynamically recalculate rates
Shopify Checkout Integration merchants can now set up retain rates on future orders within Recharge's shipping setting page. There are two options you can select to configure how shipping is handled for future recurring orders.
- Dynamically recalculate rates for future orders: Dynamically calculates shipping for recurring orders. Recharge recalculates the shipping rate for every future recurring order and applies the lowest available shipping rate.
- Retain original shipping rate for future orders: Conserves the shipping rate from checkout. The retained rate will be the lowest priced rate on the first order, including one-time products.
To set your recurring shipping rate method:
- Click Settings and select Shipping in the merchant portal.
- Confirm that your Charge shipping setting is set to Charge shipping.
- Under Recurring shipping rates, click the dropdown and select either Retain original shipping rate for future orders or Dynamically recalculate rates for future orders based on the descriptions above.
- Click Save.
Configure how orders should be handled if there are no matching shipping rates available.
- Process orders if no matching shipping rate is found. Orders are processed at a $0.00 shipping rate if no matching rate applies.
- Display an error if no matching shipping rate is found. Either the checkout or recurring order will fail if there are no applicable shipping rates.
If you have any questions about compatibility, reach out to Recharge support.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us