The Custom Shipping Rate Service enables you to provide shipping rates to Recharge during checkout and recurring orders. You can dynamically calculate rates directly from your shipping providers or from your own custom set-up by providing a custom callback URL that Recharge will call to get rates.
This guide provides the steps to implement the Custom Shipping Rate Service app on your Recharge store.
- BigCommerce Checkout Integration
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
If you're using the Shopify Checkout Integration, the Custom Shipping Rate Service is not compatible. You must set up and maintain your shipping settings in Shopify, refer to the dedicated guide for setting up shipping.
Before you start
- You must be using the advanced shipping rates (Recharge zones, rates, and integrations) in your Shipping settings in Recharge.
- This feature requires the use of API and custom code. Implementation cannot be performed or supported by Recharge as per the design and integration policy. If you require assistance from a developer, please visit the Recharge Agency Partner Directory.
To use the Custom Shipping Rate Service with Recharge, you will need middleware that can return and receive payloads that follow the guidelines in Setup custom shipping rate service.
Enable custom shipping rates
Add the integration through your merchant portal and implement your Custom Shipping Rate Service URL.
- Click Apps in the merchant portal and select Marketplace from the drop-down.
Select Get under Custom Shipping Rate Service.
Fill in the URL and Header fields.
Custom Shipping Rate Service URL (required) - This is the https URL of your custom shipping rate service endpoint.
- Custom Headers (optional) - Add any headers that your service requires.
- Secret Key (optional) - Enter your secret key, if your service requires this.
- Click Save once finished.
Use custom shipping service in a shipping zone
Click Settings in the merchant portal and select Shipping.
Under Shipping Setup, select Use Recharge Zones, Rates and Integrations (Advanced), and follow the prompts. Once complete, proceed to the next step.
Click Manage Zones and add a rate to an existing zone (or create a new zone if necessary).
In the add rate modal, select Use a third-party app to calculate rates then choose Custom Shipping Rate Service.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us