The Custom Shipping Rate Service enables you to provide shipping rates to Recharge during checkout and recurring orders.
You can dynamically calculate rates directly from your shipping providers or from your own custom set-up by providing a custom callback URL that Recharge will call to get rates.
Join the beta
Before you start
- This feature is available for merchants using the Recharge Checkout, BigCommerce, or the API.
- Stores must be using the advance shipping rates in Recharge > Shipping
- This feature requires the use of API and custom code. Implementation cannot be performed or supported by Recharge as per our design and integration policy. If you require assistance from a developer, please visit the Recharge Partner Directory.
To use the Custom Shipping Rate Service with Recharge, you will need middleware that can return and receive payloads that follow the guidelines in Custom Shipping Rate Specifications.
Enable custom shipping rates
- Go to the Integrations page and navigate to All Integrations
Select Get under Custom Shipping Rate Service
Fill in the URL and Header fields:
Custom Shipping Rate Service URL (required) - This is the https url of your custom shipping rate service endpoint
Custom Headers (optional) - Add any headers here that your service requires
Secret Key (optional) - If your service requires a secret key, provide that here
- Click Save once finished.
Use custom shipping service in a shipping zone
Go to Shipping Settings
Under Shipping Setup, select the Use Recharge Zones, Rates and Integrations (Advanced), and follow the prompts. Once complete, proceed to the next step.
Navigate to Manage Zones and and add a rate to an existing zone (or create a zone if necessary).
Select Use a third-party app to calculate rates then select Custom Shipping Rate Service.
Save your changes.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us