This article will take you through running a test transaction on your new store. We recommend going through the process at least once to ensure everything is working as expected.
Watch a video
Before you begin
Make sure to set Shopify Payments to Test Mode, see the guide Testing Shopify Payments in Shopify's Help Center for more information.
Step 1 - Create an order
Go to your storefront, add a subscription for one of your products to your cart and complete the checkout process using a test credit card.
When signing up you will receive two notification emails.
- Order confirmation email - this comes from and can be customized in Shopify. For more information, visit Shopify’s guide on customizing notification templates.
- Subscription activation email - this comes from and is customized in ReCharge. The emails contain a manage subscription link that will automatically bring customers to their customer portal.
Step 2 - View the new order in Shopify
Navigate to your Shopify orders section to confirm the order was successful.
Navigate to the test customer's profile in Shopify - double-check that Shopify automatically tagged the customer as Active Subscriber.
Step 3 - Cancel your order
After you have verified the order and customer, you need to cancel to stop it from running again.
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, click the Customers tab and search and select the customer account.
- In the customer account, click the Actions dropdown next to the subscription you would like to cancel and select Cancel.
- You will be prompted to select the cancellation reason. Click the reason and then click Cancel my subscription.