ShipStation is a third-party integration that aggregates other third-party shipping rates for you.
ShipStation is integrated with popular carriers such as UPS, USPS, and FedEx, so that you can leverage your preferred provider, and offer discounted shipping rates to your customers.
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Before you start
Besides opting into the integration, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible to use ShipStation with Recharge:
- You must have a ShipStation account.
- You must use our Advanced shipping feature with Recharge Zones, Rates, and Integrations as your shipping setup.
We also recommend that you have a testing environment, and test the integration before making it live to your customers.
Step 1 - Opt into the Recharge Beta Program
As the ShipStation integration is a beta feature, you must complete our Beta opt-in form to access this new feature.
Step 2 - Contact the Recharge support team
Please contact our support team and confirm that you have opted into the beta program so that we can enable the integration on our end.
Our support team will contact you once the integration is enabled. Once enabled, please complete the following steps to ensure the integration is successfully configured.
Step 1 - Connect your ShipStation account to Recharge
- Select Integrations from your Recharge Admin.
- Locate ShipStation from the All integrations tab and select Get.
- Enter your ShipStation API key and secret in the empty fields and press Save.
- This information can be found in your ShipStation settings.
Step 2 - Add your carriers
Select Save Carrier for each provider that you want to register with Recharge as a shipping provider.
Step 3 - Add ShipStation to your Recharge Shipping Settings
- Select Shipping from the wrench icon drop-down menu to access your Shipping Settings.
- Make sure that Recharge Zones and Rates are enabled (Advanced shipping settings).
- Select Manage Zones and add a ShipStation rate provider to the zones where you want to offer rates through ShipStation.
Step 4 - Perform a test transaction
Place a test transaction for a subscription product through your storefront. Select your ShipStation rate as the shipping rate on the second page of the checkout.
Step 5 - Contact Recharge Support
Once you've processed a test transaction using ShipStation as your shipping rate, please contact our support team to verify the order was successful.
The Recharge support team is here to assist you with setting up the ShipStation integration.
ShipStation specific questions should be directed to ShipStation's support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us