Recharge is excited to launch our BigCommerce integration! Recharge empowers growing businesses by making purchases easy for their customers. With Recharge on BigCommerce, you can build a reliable revenue stream by simplifying the management of subscription and recurring payments.
- Eligibility and status
- I have pre-registered to use the Recharge app - when will I hear back?
- What are the pricing plans for the BigCommerce integration?
- I'm developing a store for a merchant who wants to use the BigCommerce integration - can I pre-register?
- Is it possible to migrate existing subscribers from another platform to the new BigCommerce integration?
- What payment processors do you support?
- Can I offer a discount to subscribers?
- Does Recharge integrate with other apps?
- How can I identify Recharge orders or customers in BigCommerce?
- What email notifications do my customers get after they make a purchase?
- How do I refund subscription purchases?
- Can my customers apply gift certificates to subscriptions?
- How can I identify first-time subscribers?
Eligibility and status
Recharge is inviting any BigCommerce merchants to pre-register for access prior to the official app launch. A Recharge representative will be in touch to discuss the integration and provide next steps.
As the the BigCommerce integration is in early release, there are some BigCommerce features that are unsupported or not available in the turn-key app:
- Store pick up and local delivery
- Product modifiers
- Customer Groups and Price Lists
- Automatic promotions
I have pre-registered to use the Recharge app - when will I hear back?
A Recharge representative will be in touch in 2-3 business days after you submit the pre-registration form.
What are the pricing plans for the BigCommerce integration?
Recharge offers a Standard and Pro plan, as well as various support plan options. For a breakdown of pricing and offerings, visit the Pricing page.
I'm developing a store for a merchant who wants to use the BigCommerce integration - can I pre-register?
If you are a developer working on behalf of a client, please fill out the pre-registration form and check I'm a partner or developer working on behalf of a client.
Is it possible to migrate existing subscribers from another platform to the new BigCommerce integration?
Yes! If you are interested in migrating to Recharge from another app or platform, please fill out the pre-registration form and select I’m interested in migrating my existing customers.
What payment processors do you support?
Recharge integrates with the following payment processors:
For more information, visit Payment processors.
How do customers manage their subscriptions?
Recharge offers a robust customer portal solution complete with retention strategies, buy now option, one-time product add-ons, and more. Customers can easily login through their BigCommerce customer account and manage their subscription immediately after checkout. For more information, visit Using the customer portal with BigCommerce.
Can I offer a discount to subscribers?
Yes. Merchants can offer the following subscription types out-of-the-box:
- Subscription-only products
- One-time and subscription products
- Prepaid subscription products
With products offered as one-time and subscription, you can offer a discount to customers to encourage purchase of your subscription version. For more information, visit Creating subscription rules.
Does Recharge integrate with other apps?
How can I identify Recharge orders or customers in BigCommerce?
- The Charges processed export in Recharge will give you orders that have been charged
- The Charges queued export in Recharge will give you upcoming orders that haven’t been processed or sent to BigCommerce yet
What email notifications do my customers get after they make a purchase?
Customers will receive the Subscription activation Recharge notification email when they make a subscription purchase, which includes purchase details as well as a link to modify their subscription through the customer portal. Customers will receive BigCommerce notifications for non-subscription orders.
How do I refund subscription purchases?
All refunds, including partial refunds, must be processed within the Recharge app. For more information and a step-by-step guide take a look at Issuing a refund in Recharge.
Can my customers apply gift certificates to subscriptions?
Recharge does not currently have an integration with BigCommerce gift certificates. You can create a discount code in Recharge instead.
How can I identify first-time subscribers?
List of orders
You can look up a list of orders for any given customer_id that can tell you how many orders that customer has placed - assuming all of their orders were placed while they were logged in and attributed to the correct customer_id.
You can create a new Customer Group, and move customers into that group with an API Put-call when they have an active subscription. This solution might not good option if customer groups are already being used for other purposes.
Another option is to create a customer attribute. Once a customer creates a subscription, you can make an API call to update the attribute to indicate a customer is a subscriber, then read that attribute as needed in the future.