This guide provides steps to update the subscription cart assets to ensure the Shopify cart leads to Recharge checkout correctly. Refer to our guide on creating a checkout using Shopify storefront cart data if you wish to manually update your theme files.
Follow the steps below to confirm that you’re using the latest code version and that the subscription cart assets were successfully upgraded for your store.
Before you start
- This guide goes through how to confirm if the upgrade was successful. This guide does not provide directions on upgrading the
subscription-cart-footer.liquidfile. Follow our guide if you need to upgrade your theme.
- You will need to access your browser's Network Tools to perform this test. Follow the set of instructions associated with your browser:
Step 1 - Access a product page
- Navigate to a subscription product on your Shopify storefront.
- Open your browser's Network Tools.
- Add the product to the cart. This will either trigger a menu informing you of the add-to-cart action or redirect you straight to the checkout. If you are redirected to the checkout, skip to Step 3.
Step 2 - Navigate to the checkout
If you were not redirected to the checkout in Step 1, navigate to the cart page and press the Checkout button now.
Skip this step if you were redirected to the checkout in Step 1.
Step 3 - Confirm activity using the Network tools
- Return to the Network Tools. There should now be additional information available.
/checkout?myshopify_domaininto the Filter input to narrow down the required result.
- Click once on the filtered item under the Name column. Additional information about the selected item will now appear. Make sure to select the Headers tab to access additional information about the item.
Confirm the Request Method in the General sections of the Headers file.
If the Request Method reads POST, the subscription cart assets were successfully updated.
If the Request Method reads GET, the update failed and must be performed again.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us