In January 2021, Shopify released an update that impacted ReCharge’s cart to checkout functionality. Affected merchants experienced a cart issue preventing customers from reaching the checkout and placing their orders. In March 2021, ReCharge worked with merchants, where required, to update the subscription cart assets for their stores.
You can follow the steps below to confirm that you’re using the latest version and that the subscription cart assets were successfully upgraded for your store.
Before you start
- This guide goes through how to confirm if the upgrade was successful. This guide does not provide directions on upgrading the subscription-cart-footer.liquid file. Follow our guide if you do need to upgrade your theme.
- You will need to access your browser's Network Tools to perform this test. Follow the set of instructions associated to your browser:
Step 1 - Access a product page
- Navigate to a subscription product on your Shopify storefront.
- Open your browser's Network Tools.
- Add the product to the cart. This will either trigger a menu informing you of the add-to-cart action or redirect you straight to the checkout. If you are redirected to the checkout, skip to Step 3.
Step 2 - Navigate to the checkout
If you were not redirected to the checkout in Step 1, navigate to the cart page and press the Checkout button now.
Skip this step if you were redirected to the checkout in Step 1.
Step 3 - Confirm activity using the Network tools
- Return to the Network Tool. There should now be additional information available.
- Enter /checkout?myshopify_domain into the Filter input to narrow down the required result.
- Click once on the filtered item under the Name column. Additional information about the selected item will now appear. Make sure to select the Headers tab to access additional information about the item.
Confirm the Request Method in the General sections of the Headers file.
If the Request Method reads POST, the subscription cart assets were successfully updated.
If the Request Method reads GET, the update failed and must be performed again.