ReChargeSMS is a text-based customer experience tool. It allows your customers to manage all aspects of their subscription currently available through ReCharge, simply via SMS. In this article, we go through the process of installing the app in your store. For general information, visit ReChargeSMS.
Before you start
- ReChargeSMS is free to use and available to ReCharge Checkout and Shopify Checkout merchants.
Watch a video
Watch a video
Connect ReChargeSMS to your store
Like all 3rd party apps, ReChargeSMS needs to be added to your Shopify store first before we set it up.
Step 1 - Connect ReChargeSMS to Shopify
- Access the direct installation link.
- Enter your .myshopify.com URL.
- On the following screen, you will be prompted to install Electric SMS. Click Install unlisted app.
Step 2 - Connect ReChargeSMS to ReCharge
- Following the welcome message, click Awesome! to proceed to connect ReCharge.
- Click Connect your ReCharge Account.
- On the following screen, click Install to complete the integration setup.
In order to start sending SMS to your customers, you will need to manually activate your account.
- Click Settings in the ReChargeSMS dashboard.
- Select General.
- Click Activate ElectricSMS and start sending messages.
Add the TOS to your store
Next up, you need to add the ReChargeSMS Terms of Service (TOS) to your store.
- Download the ReChargeSMS Terms of Service PDF.
- Open up your Shopify Admin.
- Click on Settings > Legal.
- Copy the entire contents of the PDF and paste it into Terms of service.
- Save your changes.
Add opt-in to checkout
The app is now installed, but new customers won't be able to enroll for SMS communication until you add a checkbox to your checkout. This needs to be added manually, and varies by platform.
Take a look at ReChargeSMS checkout scripts to wrap up installing the ReChargeSMS app.
If you have any questions or require assistance, reach out to ReCharge Support.