RechargeSMS is a text-based customer experience tool. It allows your customers to manage all aspects of their subscription currently available through Recharge, simply via SMS. In this article, we go through the process of installing the app in your store. For general information, visit RechargeSMS.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Before you start
- We are slowly rolling out RechargeSMS capabilities to all Shopify Checkout Integration merchants. Contact the Recharge support team to have this feature enabled.
- RechargeSMS is currently only compatible with phone numbers originating from the United States and Canada (with +1 country code).
- Compatibility with international numbers is estimated to be released in Q2 of 2022. This estimated timeline is subject to change. You can subscribe to the Recharge Changelog to be notified of feature releases.
Step 1 - Enable RechargeSMS for your Shopify store
The instructions to enable RechargeSMS for your Shopify store depends on your Shopify platform.
Install RechargeSMS for the Recharge Checkout on Shopify
The RechargeSMS integration can be enabled directly through your Recharge Dashboard.
- Select Integrations from the top navigation.
- Locate the RechargeSMS banner at the top of the page. Select Enable.
- A new page should open explaining the benefits of RechargeSMS. Select Enable.
- Follow the onboarding flow in RechargeSMS to finish configuring your RechargeSMS account.
Enable RechargeSMS for the Shopify Checkout Integration
Step 2 - Activate RechargeSMS
You must activate RechargeSMS once you've completed the Customer Onboarding flow to begin using the integration.
- Select the Inactive button in the bottom-right corner of the RechargeSMS Dashboard.
- Use the toggle to enable RechargeSMS and allow subscribers to opt-in at checkout.
- Select Activate to enable RechargeSMS.
- Select Finish to begin using RechargeSMS.
Once enabled, customers can opt-in to receive SMS updates about their subscriptions directly from the checkout.
Step 3 - Add the Recharge Terms Of Service to your store
The RechargeSMS Terms of Service (TOS) must be added to your Shopify store terms.
- Copy the RechargeSMS Terms of Services.
- Open your Shopify Admin.
- Click on Settings and select Policies.
- Paste the RechargeSMS Terms of Services into the Terms of service section.
- Save your changes.
RechargeSMS landing page opt-in
- Shopify Checkout Integration
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
The RechargeSMS opt-in widget allows your customers to opt-in and receive promotional SMS messages about their subscription orders all from a custom landing page. Customers can proactively opt-in to receive SMS updates outside of the checkout, making it easier for them to manage their subscriptions, and helping you increase retention and Lifetime Value for your store.
The RechargeSMS widget is customizable, allowing you to match your store’s brand and voice. Share the link to the opt-in page directly with your customers if you’ve migrated to Recharge. This allows them to enroll in SMS notifications without placing an additional checkout order.
Step 1 - Enable and customize the opt-in widget
- Log in to your RechargeSMS Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Landing Page Opt-in section.
- Select Create your Opt-In Landing Page.
- Enter your store name, logo, and color branding in the Shop Branding fields. Select Confirm to set your configuration.
- Adjust the messaging used to encourage people to sign up for RechargeSMS under the Promo Copy section.
- Customize the appearance of the Call to Action (CTA) button in the Call to Action section.
- Preview the RechargeSMS preview section to see what the widget will look like when customers are interacting with it.
Step 2 - Add the opt-in widget code to your Shopify theme
- Select Save and generate to generate the widget code.
- Select Copy to copy the Opt-in Widget code to your clipboard.
- Follow the steps provided to access your store’s Shopify Pages editor. Alternatively, you can select Online Store and click Pages from your Shopify Admin to create a new page.
- Select Add Page.
- Create a new page called "Subscription Management via Text".
<>to open the HTML editor.
- Paste the RechargeSMS widget code into the HTML editor.
- Press Save to create the new page.
- Select More actions and click View page to preview the opt-in widget on your Online Store. You can modify the HTML or CSS code in the Page editor to improve the appearance of the widget.
Share the link to the opt-in widget page with your customers through an email campaign, or use a pop-up app like Privy to announce the page to customers when they initially access your store.
If you have any questions or require assistance, reach out to the Recharge support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us