RechargeSMS is a text-based customer experience tool. It allows your customers to manage all aspects of their subscription currently available through Recharge, simply via SMS. In this article, we go through the process of installing the app in your store. For general information, visit RechargeSMS.
Before you start
- RechargeSMS is free to use and available to Recharge Checkout and Shopify Checkout merchants.
- At this time, RechargeSMS is only compatible with phone numbers originating from the United States and Canada (with +1 country code). Compatibility with international numbers is estimated to be released in Q2 of 2022. This estimated timeline is subject to change. You can subscribe to the Recharge Changelog to be notified of feature releases.
Install RechargeSMS to your store
The RechargeSMS integration must be installed in your Shopify store first before you can send notifications to customers.
Step 1 - Enable RechargeSMS
The RechargeSMS integration can be enabled directly through your Recharge Dashboard.
- Select Integrations from the top navigation.
- Locate the RechargeSMS banner at the top of the page. Select Enable.
- A new page should open explaining the benefits of RechargeSMS. Select Enable.
Step 2 - Enable RechargeSMS and Shopify
Selecting the Enable button redirects you to an authorization page where you can begin the process of adding RechargeSMS to Shopify. Enter your store URL and select Enable Now to begin the setup process.
This opens the app installation page in Shopify. Select Install app to install RechargeSMS into your store.
Step 3 - Connect RechargeSMS to Recharge
Finally, you must connect your Recharge account to RechargeSMS after the integration is authorized with Shopify.
- Select Next on the Welcome message to proceed to connect Recharge.
- Click Connect your Recharge Account.
- Select Install on the following screen to complete the integration setup.
Upon successful installation, you are able to access the Customer Onboarding flow in the top right corner of the RechargeSMS. This flow takes you through importing a product, configuring swap groups, and managing your settings.
You must activate RechargeSMS once you've completed the Customer Onboarding flow to begin using the integration.
- Select Activate RechargeSMS in the top right corner of the app.
- Use the toggle to enable RechargeSMS and allow subscribers to opt-in at checkout.
- Select Activate to enable RechargeSMS.
- Select Finish to begin using RechargeSMS.
Once enabled, customers can opt-in to receive SMS updates about their subscriptions directly from the checkout.
Add the Recharge Terms Of Service to your store
The RechargeSMS Terms of Service (TOS) must be added to your Shopify store terms.
- Copy the RechargeSMS Terms of Services.
- Open your Shopify Admin.
- Click on Settings > Legal.
- Paste the RechargeSMS Terms of Services into the Terms of service section.
- Save your changes.
If you have any questions or require assistance, reach out to Recharge Support.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us