For the subscription widget to appear on your site, you will need Recharge's base code on your Shopify theme. This guide outlines which BigCommerce themes are currently compatible with the Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce and the BigCommerce Checkout Integration.
- BigCommerce Checkout Integration
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Before you start
- If you change your BigCommerce theme, the Recharge integration will not sync to the newly published theme. If you need to change your store’s theme, reach out to the Recharge support team in advance and we can assist you with installing Recharge onto your new theme.
The supported BigCommerce themes differ based on your store's Recharge checkout platform:
Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce (RCB)
BigCommerce Checkout Integration (BCI)
- If your store is heavily customized, this may interfere with the Recharge script and the subscription widget installation. We recommend that you reach out to your developer for support in this case. We can provide the code for them to install, or they can assist with reverting your theme back to a state where our integration will work out of the box.
- If you need help with custom coding and do not have a developer, please visit the Recharge Agency Partner Directory for a list of development agencies.
BigCommerce Checkout Integration themes
BigCommerce Checkout Integration stores can use most BigCommerce themes out of the box. This is because instead of creating a separate subscription widget, BCI leverages BigCommerce product modifiers. BCI works by hiding the original modifier and injecting the subscription widget in its place.
If your theme is heavily customized and you’ve changed how the modifiers appear on your product page, the injected widget may not load properly.
We recommend you reach out to your developer for support if this is the case. The Recharge Support team can provide the code for your developer to install, or they can revert your theme back to a state where our integration works out of the box.
Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce themes
For BigCommerce Checkout Integration stores
The following BigCommerce themes are compatible with Recharge. This list is being actively updated:
- Artisan Original
- Clariss (all styles)
- Luna (all styles)
- Solar (Fashion and Hemp styles supported)
- Supermarket (all styles)
- Terra (all styles)
Change your BigCommerce theme
If you change your BigCommerce theme, the Recharge integration will not sync to the newlypublished theme. This can result in the subscription widget disappearing from your product pages, or subscription products not processing through the Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce. If you need to change your store’s theme, reach out to the Recharge support team in advance and we can assist you with installing Recharge onto your new theme.
Make a copy of your BigCommerce theme
You may want to give Recharge a test drive or do some work on an unpublished theme before going live. In this case, you will want to make a copy of your current BigCommerce theme.
Once you’ve copied your theme, provide the Recharge support team with access to your BigCommerce store by creating a new user account. Be sure to provide the name of the copied theme in an email to our team. We can then complete the integration on your copied theme.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us