Highlighting membership information before customers check out empowers customers to make informed purchases, and prevents an influx of questions to your support team.
This guide provides different methods, from code updates to out-of-the-box solutions, that make it easy for you to outline membership information for your customers.
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Memberships are in Early Adopter status. To request access to this feature, fill out the Memberships interest form. For more information on the Early Adopter Program, previously known as the Recharge Beta Program, see Early Adopter Program.
- You may need to work with a developer to implement one of the methods listed in this article. Refer to the Agency Directory for partner information and recommendations.
- See Optimizing your website for subscriptions for additional suggestions on improving the user experience for your customers.
Providing customers with additional information helps to build trust and credibility. Many merchants consider using the product details page or a separate membership landing page to:
- Provide customers with relevant information and Improve information accessibility
- Showcase original content to provide more insights into your brand or membership offering
- Ensure compliance and display any auto-renewal and cancelation management policies on a membership landing page
Create a membership landing page
A membership landing page typically outlines any need-to-know membership information.
With a membership landing page you can:
- Highlight all the key benefits a customer receives when they become a member
- Showcase your brand’s unique approach to memberships
- Answer frequently asked questions
Membership landing pages are custom built and may require knowledge of Ajax. There are a few ways you can include a membership landing page on your storefront, depending on your development resources and design needs.
Option 1 - Create a new membership product template
Use Shopify's Theme Editor to create a new product template on your storefront, and highlight your subscription offering for potential customers.
To create a new product template:
- Navigate to the Shopify Theme Editor for your theme and start with a duplicate theme.
- In the dropdown menu, click Products, then add a name to your template. select Create template to create a new membership template.
- Add desired sections to this template to display information about your membership program such as images with text, rich text explaining the membership benefits, faqs, and more. Refer to Shopify's Sections and blocks for more information.
- Add the subscription widget block to the product information section, so the membership can be purchased as a recurring product. See Creating a membership program for more information on how to update the subscription widget.
- Assign this new product template to the membership enrollment product in Shopify.
- Update the site navigation by going to Online Store and selecting Navigation. Select the main menu, click Add menu item, and add your membership title and link to the enrollment product.
Once these steps are complete, customers will be able to easily access memberships on your storefront.
Option 2 - Create a webpage on your storefront
Use Shopify’s rich text editor to create a new webpage on your storefront, and highlight your memberships for potential customers.
You can display a list of your products with links to the relevant product pages so customers can check out, or use Ajax so customers can add a product to their cart from the landing page.
Option 3 - Develop a custom landing page
Work with a developer to develop a custom landing page or product page in the Shopify theme files using custom liquid code.
Your developer must use Ajax if you would like customers to add a product to their cart from the landing page.
Option 3 - Use a third-party app
Leverage a page-builder app to achieve a customized layout without requiring custom code.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us