Manage one-time products stored in Recharge in bulk on your own timeline using Recharge's built-in Import Tool.
This guide provides an overview of the bulk management tools, common bulk management use cases, and resources for processing bulk updates in the merchant portal.
Before you start
- This tool is for updating and maintaining existing one-time products. You cannot create or cancel one-time products using the bulk update tool.
- Store owners have account permissions to use bulk management tools by default. Store owners can grant permissions to other staff members from the accounts page.
- You can perform other bulk updates from the merchant portal, including updating existing subscriptions in bulk. See Bulk Management Tools for more details.
Bulk update one-time products
This update type changes specific one-time product properties. With this bulk update, you can edit the following properties for multiple products at one time:
- External product ID
- External variant ID
- Product title
- Variant title
- SKU (Review Updating SKUs for existing and future subscription orders before bulk updating SKUs)
Update one-time products with the Import tool
Step 1 - Prepare a CSV file
You must prepare your store data in a CSV file using the Recharge upload template to use the import tool. Refer to the chart below for additional information about the content required to perform the update:
The numerical ID associated with the one-time product.
The numerical Address ID associated with a customer’s subscription. If you need to find Address IDs in Recharge:
This column is optional for all bulk update types except discount and address updates.
The charge date for the one-time product.
The cost for the one-time product.
This column is required for one-time product price updates.
The title of the one-time product.
This column is required for product title updates.
Line item properties are custom forms on a product used to collect additional customization information.
Must be styled in JSON format.
|The number of one-time products.
A unique string of numbers is used to identify the specific variant on the subscription. Even if a product has no variants created in your eCommerce platform, it will still have one variant ID assigned. Recharge uses the variant ID to create each charge.
This column is required for Shopify stores. To locate variant IDs for this column, see Finding and exporting BigCommerce product and variant IDs.
This column is optional for BigCommerce stores if you do not use variant IDs.
|The SKU associated with the one-time product.
The title of the specific variant of the one-time product.
This column is optional if you do not use variants.
Step 2 - Import the CSV file
- In the merchant portal, click Data and select Bulk Updates.
- Select the Import Updates button located on the top-right corner of the page.
- Select the One-time Products option from the drop-down list.
- Import the CSV you prepared in Step 1 to bulk update your one-time products.
- Preview your file updates.
- Select Prepare update to begin the bulk update.
- If you wish to process the update now, navigate back to the Data page and select the Process update button to complete your bulk update. You can decide to process the bulk update at a later time.
Revert, delete, or cancel the bulk update
If records cannot be processed or you encounter issues with the update, you can revert the bulk update using a backup file. See Revert, delete, or cancel a bulk update.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us