There are a number of ways to set up your subscription models. This guide provides an overview of popular subscription types and how to configure your subscription rules. For a general overview of subscription rules, refer to Creating subscription rules.
Subscription with multiple frequencies
When creating your subscription rule in Recharge, use + Add a frequency to add additional choices to the order schedule. Setting multiple subscription frequency options gives your customers a unique subscription that fits their needs. You can set a frequency in days, weeks, or months.
Charge on a specific day of the month
You can set the day of the month for when customers will be billed. Customers will pay upfront, and their billing will apply to the upcoming month. Their next recurring bill date will happen on the specified date. You must set the frequency to Months in order to see this option.
Pre-paid annual subscription
A pre-paid annual subscription means your customers receive the product every month but only pay once per year.
Note: Refer to the guide on Configuring a pre-paid subscription to learn more about configuring and managing pre-paid subscriptions.
Pre-ordering is not available at this time, your customers will need to order when they are ready to subscribe.
Quarterly subscriptions are possible with Recharge as long as the price of the product does not change. However, this type of subscription needs to be manually configured with a bulk update.
To set the quarterly dates, we can facilitate bulk updates for you on a quarterly basis using a CSV generated by you:
- Select Exports from your merchant portal.
- Click Create export and select the Charges - Queued CSV from the drop-down. Enter your date range and email to receive the CSV, and click Create export.
- In the downloaded CSV, create a new column at the right and label it NEW charge date.
- Insert the new order date for each order.
- Once you've completed this, send the CSV file to Recharge each quarter and we'll make the changes.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us