Klaviyo helps you drive sales by using data from Shopify and other apps like Recharge to send automated emails, create personalized product recommendations, deliver post-purchase engagement campaigns, run better Facebook ads, and more. It's data-driven marketing, made simple.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before your start
This guide covers our v1 integration with Klaviyo.
If you are a new merchant integrating Klaviyo and ReCharge for the first time, or if you're looking to use the new ReCharge metrics in Klaviyo, see our Klaviyo V2 integration guide.
- Get started in minutes with 1-click integrations and pre-designed, responsive templates for newsletters, and automated flows.
- Win back lost sales with automated abandoned cart emails.
- Send a more relevant email with segments that update automatically, in real-time.
- Sync your Klaviyo segments with Facebook Custom Audiences to find new customers or win back lost customers.
- Track new and canceled subscriptions along with started checkout events for both new and existing customers using the Klaviyo API key.
You will need to configure Klaviyo with your Shopify store before enabling ReCharge.
- Create a Klaviyo account and integrate Klaviyo with your Shopify store.
- Log into Klaviyo and select Integrations > All integrations. Search for ReCharge from the list of integrations.
- Select Recharge from the Integrations list and select the Enable Recharge button. Enter your store URL to sign in.
Once you've enabled Recharge from Klaviyo side, you'll be redirected to the Recharge dashboard.
- Select the Integrations tab and then All integrations.
- Locate Klaviyo and select the Get button.
- Select install on the Recharge <> Klaviyo Authentication page.
Upon successful installation, you will be redirected to Klaviyo Integration page. Data from the Recharge integration is tracked displayed under Recent Data.
You can also enable a Started Checkout metric that works with the Recharge checkout. If you're using Shopify checkout for subscriptions, use Shopify integration metrics for checkout metrics.
To enable the Recharge checkout, navigate to your Klaviyo integration. If you do not yet have this integration enabled, navigate to Settings > Integrations and you will find Klaviyo on the list of All Integrations.
Here, you will see a field to enter your Public API Key. Your Public API Key is six characters long and can be found on your Account > Settings > API Keys tab. In the image below we've highlighted an example Public API Key in blue, represented by the six characters "XXXXXX".
Enter in this public key and click Save.
With Klaviyo enabled, a Started Checkout event will begin syncing whenever a customer starts the checkout process and enters their email address. Below is how the event appears on your Metrics tab.
Monitor the Recharge Sync and Verify Synced Data
To verify your integration, navigate to the Metrics tab in your Klaviyo account.
Find a Recharge subscription metric and click on the activity feed.
You will start to see subscriptions populate here if your integration has begun syncing data.
Recharge syncs with Klaviyo every hour.
Keep this timing in mind when you monitor flows triggered by Recharge metrics. For example, your Subscription Welcome flow may be configured to immediately send an email when a customer subscribes. However, if the Recharge sync is every hour, it may take up to an hour for Klaviyo to register that subscription and send the welcome email.
If you are looking to use the abandoned cart feature or to track the started checkout event make sure that you have performed the integration steps above and inputted the API keys.
Visit the Klaviyo app page for more information and an informative video so you can decide if it's right for your business. If you have any technical questions about the integration functionality, contact the Klaviyo support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us