Klaviyo helps you drive sales by using data from Shopify and other apps like Recharge to send automated emails, create personalized product recommendations, deliver post-purchase engagement campaigns, run better Facebook ads, and more. It's data-driven marketing, made simple.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
This guide covers Recharge's V1 integration with Klaviyo.
If you are a new merchant integrating Klaviyo and Recharge for the first time, or if you are looking to use the new Recharge metrics in Klaviyo, refer to the Klaviyo V2 integration guide.
- Get started in minutes with 1-click integrations and pre-designed, responsive templates for newsletters and automated flows.
- Win back lost sales with automated abandoned cart emails.
- Send a more relevant email with segments that update automatically, in real-time.
- Sync your Klaviyo segments with Facebook Custom Audiences to find new customers or win back lost customers.
- Track new and canceled subscriptions along with started checkout events for both new and existing customers using the Klaviyo API key.
Integrate Klaviyo with your Shopify store
You will need to configure Klaviyo with your Shopify store before enabling Recharge.
- Create a Klaviyo account and integrate Klaviyo with your Shopify store.
- Log into Klaviyo and select Integrations and click All integrations.
- Search a select Recharge from the Integrations list and click the Enable Recharge button. Enter your store URL to sign in.
Integrate Klaviyo with Recharge
Once you have enabled Recharge from the Klaviyo side, you'll be redirected to the Recharge Dashboard.
- Select the Integrations tab and click All integrations in the Recharge Dashboard.
- Locate Klaviyo and select Get.
- Select install on the Recharge <> Klaviyo Authentication page.
Upon successful installation, you will be redirected to the Klaviyo Integration page. Data from the Recharge integration is displayed under Recent Data.
Enable the Started Checkout metric for the Recharge Checkout on Shopify
You can enable a Started Checkout metric that works with the Recharge Checkout on Shopify. If you are using the Shopify Checkout Integration for subscriptions, use the Shopify integration metrics for checkout metrics.
- To enable the Recharge Checkout, navigate to your Klaviyo integration in your Recharge Dashboard. If you do not yet have this integration enabled, click Integrations and locate Klaviyo.
- You will see a field to enter your Public API Key. Your Public API Key is six characters long. Find this in your Klaviyo account by clicking Account, selecting Settings, and clicking API Keys.
- Enter your public API key in Recharge and click Save.
With Klaviyo enabled, a Started Checkout event will begin syncing whenever a customer starts the checkout process and enters their email address. Below is how the event appears in your Metrics tab in Klaviyo.
Monitor the Recharge Sync and Verify Synced Data
To verify your integration, navigate to the Metrics tab in your Klaviyo account.
Find a Recharge subscription metric and click on the activity feed.
You will start to see subscriptions populate here if your integration has begun syncing data.
Recharge syncs with Klaviyo every hour. Keep this timing in mind when you monitor flows triggered by Recharge metrics. For example, your Subscription Welcome flow may be configured to immediately send an email when a customer subscribes. However, if the Recharge sync is every hour, it may take up to an hour for Klaviyo to register that subscription and send the welcome email.
If you are looking to use the abandoned cart feature or to track the started checkout, event ensure that you have performed the integration steps above and inputted the API keys.
Visit the Klaviyo Klaviyo App page for more information and an informative video so you can decide if it's right for your business. If you have any technical questions about the integration functionality, contact the Klaviyo Klaviyo support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us