ReCharge offers two separate integrations on the Shopify platform - we refer to them as ReCharge Checkout and Shopify Checkout.
While similar in name, the two vary in user experience and where options are displayed. If you are unsure which checkout your store uses, this article will help you identify it.
Identify your checkout
Method 1 - Add a payment processor
The easiest way to identify your checkout is to look at your settings and see if you have the ability to change payment processors. Open up ReCharge and go to Settings > Payment (General).
- ReCharge Checkout - If you see a Payment processor section you are on the ReCharge Checkout.
- Shopify Checkout - If there is no Payment processor section, your store uses the Shopify Checkout as setting up the payment processor takes place in your Shopify account.
Method 2 - Review the checkout URL
You can identify which checkout your store is using by adding a subscription product to your cart and then looking at the URL.
- Open up your Shopify storefront, and add a subscription product to your cart.
- Navigate to the first page of checkout.
- Look at the page URL.
- ReCharge Checkout: checkout.rechargeapps.com
- Shopify Checkout: [your store name].com/########/checkouts
As a general rule of thumb, stores that installed ReCharge before November 2nd, 2020 will be on the ReCharge Checkout and those that installed November 2nd, 2020 and beyond are on the Shopify Checkout integration.
If you have the ability to add a payment processor in ReCharge but you see the Shopify Checkout when using your checkout, please reach out to us as your integration may need to be fixed.
ReCharge Checkout exceptions
If you use method 2 and check your URL, there are a couple of exceptions to keep in mind.
- Custom domains - If your store uses a custom domain name, it might not reflect either of the URLs mentioned.
- Misdirected checkout - Make sure that ReCharge is installed and you have at least one active subscription product in your store before going through the instructions. Otherwise, you could get incorrectly sent to Shopify’s Checkout.
If you have any questions, please reach out to ReCharge support and we’ll be happy to help out.