Periodically, you may find you need to update your product prices or may simply need to re-adjust the price for a single customer. This guide outlines the steps to updating the price of subscription products for new and existing customers.
Changing the price for new customers
If you update the price of your products in Shopify, you will also need to resync your rulesets in ReCharge. This will ensure that the subscriptions on your product page reflect the new price.
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, go to Rulesets and select the desired rule.
- Click Sync all products to sync all subscription products in the ruleset or click the sync icon to only sync individual products.
- Click the See Preview icon next to the product title to view the subscription widget and updated price.
Changing the price for existing customers
By default, if you update your product price in Shopify, existing subscribers will still subscribed to the old price. If you need to update the subscription price of a few existing customers, you can manually change the price of an existing customer:
- Go to the Customers tab in the ReCharge Dashboard and search for the customer. Once located, click on their account name.
- Click See Details next to the Address ID at the top of the screen.
- At the top of the following screen, you will see the price point for this product. Beside it, hit Edit and change the price. Be sure to Save.
Bulk updating the price for existing subscriptions
If you have more than 50 customers who require a price update on their subscription products, the ReCharge team can help facilitate a bulk update. You will need to prepare the following CSV file and email it to the support team.
- Email yourself a copy of the Purchase Items CSV from Settings > Exports > Subscription exports.
- Once you have received the export, open the file and create a new column at the end of the list and label it NEW Price.
- Insert the new price for each order in this column, leaving unchanged records blank. Alternatively, you can remove the rows of subscription items that are not receiving a price update from the file.
- Once you've filled in the rows, send the CSV file to the ReCharge team and we can perform the rest of the bulk update process on our end.
ReCharge Bulk Updater
The ReCharge Bulk Updater Tool was recently launched in beta to make updating products easier. You can use this tool to make bulk updates to subscription prices for existing customers. For more information about this tool, you can find out more in the Bulk Updater Tool guide.