You may wish to update the shipping rate for a customer to reflect your current shipping settings, or as a goodwill gesture. This guide provides instructions on updating your shipping rate settings and how to override a shipping rate for a specific subscription.
Override shipping rate for a specific subscription
You can manually update the shipping rate for an individual subscription in your merchant portal.
- Click the Customers tab in your merchant portal.
- Search and select the customer.
- Click See details next to the Address ID for the subscription you would like to update.
- Locate the Shipping method option. If the method is configured as dynamic, you will need to switch it to manual, by clicking Switch to manual rate. This will ensure the new rate you configure is applied to all future orders.
- Click Edit to set the manual rate.
- Enter the price, title (can be viewed by the customer), and code (for use by the merchant) for the shipping rate.
- Click Save changes.
Bulk update shipping rates
If your shipping rate settings are set to retain and you have more than 50 subscriptions to update, the Recharge support team can help facilitate a bulk update.
- In the merchant portal, select Exports.
- Click Create export. Use the drop-down to select either the Subscriptions - All CSV or the Charges - Queued CSV.
- The CSV file that you need to download depends on which subscriptions need to be updated. If the update is only for queued, future orders then select the Charges - Queued CSV. If you need additional subscriptions to receive the shipping update, such as cancelled or errored subscriptions, then select the Subscriptions - All CSV.
- Enter your email to receive the export and click Create export.
- Add three additional columns to the CSV: NEW Shipping Price, NEW Shipping Title, and NEW Shipping Code.
- Populate the rows with the new pricing, rate titles, and codes for the orders that require the update. If an order does not require a shipping rate update, remove the row.
- Once finished, send the CSV to the Recharge support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us