ReCharge uses the shipping rates you set in Shopify for recurring orders. For more information on setting up shipping rates, visit Setting up shipping. You can choose to have rates calculated every time a recurring order is created or for the rate at the time of checkout to be used. This guide provides instructions on updating your shipping rate settings and how to override a shipping rate for a specific subscription.
Shipping rate settings for recurring orders
Within ReCharge, you can choose to apply shipping rates in two ways:
- Dynamic recalculate rates for future orders – When a recurring order is queued for a future date, it will query your shipping rates in Shopify and default to the lowest available rate.
- Retain original shipping rate for future orders – When a recurring order is queued for a future date, ReCharge will use the rate applied when the customer first signed up.
Update shipping rate settings in ReCharge
You can update your Shipping rate settings in ReCharge at any point. You can choose whether shipping rates will be charged dynamically or if customers should retain their current shipping rate.
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, click the wrench icon.
- Select Shipping from the dropdown menu.
- Under Shipping rates, select the desired shipping option should from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
- Review the prompt and confirm changes by clicking Yes, proceed.
Override shipping rate for a specific subscription
You may want to give a specific customer a special shipping rate. If your ReCharge settings are set to dynamic, you can still manually apply a shipping rate.
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, search for the customer account in the Customers tab.
- Click on the customer's name to open the customer account.
- Click See Details for the subscription you would like to update.
- If your shipping rate settings are set to dynamic, click Switch to manual rate. If your settings are set to retain, you can move on to the next step.
- Click Edit to enter in the manual rate.
- Enter in the price, code, and title for the shipping rate.
- Click Save changes when finished.
Bulk update shipping rates
If your shipping rate settings are set to retain and you have more than 50 subscriptions to update, the ReCharge support team can help facilitate a bulk update.
- Download a copy of the Upcoming orders CSV from the Exports page.
- Add three additional columns to the CSV: NEW Price, NEW Title, and NEW Code.
- Populate the rows with the new pricing and rate titles for the orders that require the update. If an order does not require an update, you can leave that row blank.
- Once finished, send the CSV to the ReCharge support team.