Editing shipping rates for an existing subscription
Update the shipping rate for a customer to reflect your current shipping settings, or as a goodwill gesture. This guide provides instructions on updating your shipping rate settings and how to override a shipping rate for a specific subscription.
Adjust the shipping rate for a specific subscription
You can manually update the shipping rate for an individual subscription in your merchant portal using the action buttons below the address.
- Click the Customers tab in your merchant portal.
- Search and select the customer.
- Choose the existing shipping rate action button.
- Use the drop-down to select Manual rate and enter the price, title (can be viewed by the customer), and code (for use by the merchant) for the shipping rate.
- Click Save.
Bulk refresh shipping rates
Changing the shipping rate does not impact currently queued orders. If you are using the dynamic shipping setting, the shipping rate will automatically update after the current queued order has been processed.
If you would like to apply the change immediately, the Recharge support team can help facilitate an update. Reach out to the Recharge support team to request the shipping rates be refreshed to the new settings. Provide an example subscription where the rate will change so the team can confirm the update is complete.
Bulk update shipping rates
To update shipping rates that are set to retain or implement manual rates for some subscriptions in bulk, you will need help from the Recharge Support team. Review the steps below to prepare your CSV file before submitting it for a bulk update.
You must have 50 or more subscriptions to update, for the Recharge support team to perform a bulk update for you. You will need to prepare a CSV file with updated information and send it to the support team. Accommodate 5 business days to complete the update.
Recharge performs bulk updates on a case-by-case basis as a courtesy. If your business model requires frequent bulk updates, it is recommended you use the Recharge API. The API setup is straightforward and your in-house team can accomplish most tasks in minutes without waiting in line.
- In the merchant portal, go to Data and select Exports.
- Click Create export and select either the Subscriptions - All or the Charges - Queued export from the drop-down. The CSV file you need to download depends on which subscriptions need to be updated.
- If the update is only for queued, future orders, select the Charges - Queued.
- If you need additional subscriptions to receive the shipping update, such as canceled or errored subscriptions, then select Subscriptions - All.
- Add three NEW additional columns to the CSV, including Shipping Price, Shipping Title, and Shipping Code.
- Populate the rows with the new pricing, rate titles, and codes for the orders that require the update. Delete any rows of orders from the CSV which will not require the shipping rate to be updated. Rows not requiring an update should be also removed from the file.
- When finished, send the formatted CSV to the Recharge support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us