From the cart page, you can pass cart attributes and notes with subscription orders. This is useful if you need to collect additional information from your customers, such as order instructions or whether an item should be gift wrapped. After checkout, this information is saved in the customer's account in Recharge and included in future orders. This guide outlines how to make changes to the cart attributes or notes on a customer's subscription.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Only store admin can make changes to the cart attribute and notes on a subscription. If you would like to give your customers the ability to make these changes, you will need to use the Recharge API.
- For more information on creating a cart attribute via Shopify, visit Use cart attributes to collect more information
- To enable order notes via Shopify, visit Enable order notes on your cart page
- On BigCommerce, order notes can be enabled in the checkout settings.
Update cart attributes or notes
- In the merchant portal under Customers, search and select the desired customer.
- Expand Subscriptions and click the ellipsis menu on the address to change.
- Click View address details.
- Within the pop-up, click Edit beside Order attributes or Order note to edit
- Once you are finished, click Save.
When the order is submitted to the platform, you will find the adjustments in the Notes section or Additional Details section.
Update cart attributes or notes in bulk
The Recharge support team can help you adjust cart attributes and notes in bulk for your existing subscriptions. In order to perform this bulk update, you will need to prepare a CSV file and send it to the Recharge support team.
- Download the Customers - Shipping Address CSV from Exports.
- Create a new column at the right and label it "NEW cart attribute/note"
- Insert the new notes for each subscription that require the update.
- Send the CSV file to the Recharge support team to perform the bulk update.