You may need to process a customer's recurring order ahead of the normal subscription schedule. This is useful if you need to process an order in advance or if you are running a test. This guide will go over how to manually process a charge or how to retry a failed charge.
Processing a recurring order today
To process a recurring order today:
- Go to the Customers tab in the ReCharge Dashboard and locate the customer who will have their order processed.
- Click on the customer account and select See Details below their shipping address.
- At the bottom of the Customer Orders page, you will see a list of previous orders and the upcoming queued charge. Select the queued charge and click Change Date or To Process Charge, move date to today.
- On the date picker, select today's date and click Save Date. Note that ReCharge is based in California, UTC -8, so today's date may not match yours depending on your timezone. Select the date UTC -8 is currently in.
- The Process Charge button should now appear under Charge details. Click this button to process the queued charge. This will change the order to Successful and an order will be sent to Shopify.
Pending status with the Shopify Checkout integration
If you are using the Shopify Checkout to process subscription orders, the charge status is marked as pending for up to five minutes as the charge is processed through Shopify Payments.
The charge status will then change to success or error depending on the outcome of the charge. You will need to manually refresh the page to access the updated status.
Retrying a failed charge
When a charge fails, the ReCharge system will automatically retry the charge at set intervals until the maximum number of retries is reached or the customer updates the card attached to the account. If a customer updates the card, the charge will be automatically retried.
However, you can also manually retry the charge on your side as pictured below:
You can configure how often a failed charge is retried in Settings > General Settings.
You can access the order section of your ReCharge Admin for more information on your customer's credit card declines and order errors.