Each Recharge customer has a history log that details all events and actions taken on their customer record. This can include actions such as skipping an order, updating credit card information, canceling a subscription, and much more. This guide provides information on where to find action logs and understanding your customers' actions.
Customer-specific actions are available through the History View in the merchant portal.
- Select Customers from the merchant portal.
- Search for the customer you would like to view. Select the customer by clicking on their name.
- Scroll down to the History section for a list of actions taken on the customer's profile or subscription.
Recent updates to the history view include:
- A custom view to see store actions in your timezone
- Event grouping by date
- Detailed information in a nested dropdown
- Infinite scrolling to view more events
- Improved readability and fixed issues with duplicate events appearing in the log.
- Email address of the admin who performed the action
You can export the Events export to see a list of all the actions that occurred for each of your customers and their subscriptions. This export will provide you with insight into events such as which customers have recently canceled or who may have recently skipped an upcoming queued order.
- Select Exports from the merchant portal.
- Click Create export.
- Select Events from the dropdown.
- You can optionally enter a new name for your export and select the date range of actions you would like to include in the export.
- Under Export destination enter your email address.
- Click Submit.
The export will be sent to the e-mail provided or you can choose to download the export on the next page after clicking Submit.
Customer action notification
You can enable the customer action log notification and have a report emailed to you daily.
- Click Settings in the merchant portal and select Notifications.
- Select Customer action log under Store owner notifications.
- Toggle the Status selector to Enabled to receive a copy of the Customer actions log.
Action type definitions
adding_item_to_subscription_checkout - The customer purchased a product through the checkout. This may also include products configured for upselling through a third-party integration.
address_deleted - A customer is deleted from Recharge through the admin portal.
billing_address_updated - A customer’s billing address is updated.
change_next_queued_charge_date - The shipping date of the next queued charge is updated to a different date.
charge_failed - The charge was declined.
charge_success - The charge was successfully processed.
credit_card_updated - A customer’s credit card information was updated.
customer_status_updated - The customer status was updated. This may be updated to Inactive if the subscription was canceled, to Active if the subscription was reactivated, or to Inactive due to the maximum credit card attempts reached on a charge.
discount_code_applied - A discount code was applied through the customer portal or the merchant portal.
discount_code_removed - A discount code was removed from the customer or the merchant portal.
existing_item_skip_completed - The next queued charge was skipped.
existing_item_skip_from_cancellation - The next queued charge was skipped using the customer retention strategy where the customer attempted to cancel their subscription but chose to skip their next charge instead.
future_item_skip_completed - A future charge (that is not the next queued charge) was skipped.
item_skipped - A charge date was moved manually. This is typically an action performed in the merchant portal.
item_unskipped_completed - A skip action was undone/reverted.
purchase_cancelled - A subscription was canceled. This could have been canceled by the customer or the store admin, the subscription may have expired, or the credit card max retries reached.
purchase_item_activated - The subscription to a product was reactivated.
purchase_item_cancelled - A subscription to a specific product was canceled through the customer or the merchant portal.
purchase_item_created - A one-time or recurring product was created and added to the subscription through the customer or the merchant portal.
purchase_item_deleted - A one-time or subscription product was deleted from the subscription.
purchase_item_swap - The original product in the subscription was swapped with a different product.
purchase_item_updated - An update was made to the product in the subscription through the Customer Portal, such as the quantity.
refund - A charge was refunded.
shipping_address_updated - A customer’s shipping address was updated.
shippment_change_date - The date of a scheduled prepaid subscription shipment was changed.
Updated QUEUED shipment - A variant was added or removed from a shipment.
workflow_updated - A workflow changed the subscription properties.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us