Using ReferralCandy, your customers can refer friends and earn rewards towards their next order. Your customers will see referrals and rewards within their ReferralCandy portal. Once your customer has applied a discount using ReferralCandy rewards, it appears on the customer's subscription order page. This guide provides a walkthrough on how to set up your referral program in ReferralCandy and Recharge, as well as common questions and steps to troubleshoot the integration.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- You must upgrade to V2 of ReferralCandy if you are on the Recharge Checkout on Shopify.
- View the ReferralCandy app in Recharge to confirm if you need to upgrade. V1 required visible API keys to function. If you can access your API keys, you are using V1 and must upgrade. Contact ReferralCandy's support team to begin the conversion process to V2.
Integrating with ReferralCandy
Use the following instructions to configure the latest version of the ReferralCandy Integration (V2):
- Install ReferralCandy to your Shopify store.
- Connect with Recharge using OAuth on the Integration page in ReferralCandy.
- Click Install.
- In the Recharge merchant portal, click Storefront and select Customer Portal.
- In the discounts section, select Allow customers to input the discount code on customer portal.
Optional: Select Remove discounts from customer addresses after discount limit has been reached. Review Understanding the customer portal for more information about customizing the customer portal controls.
If I offer the first month free, can I ensure points can only be applied for the second subscription interval?
ReferralCandy creates rewards points by converting discount codes. The integration does not measure the lifecycle of a customer during this process, so this is not currently possible.
As a workaround, you can reward manually in PayPal using the cash reward option and track who has been referred in ReferralCandy. You will then have to manually check Recharge to see if those referrals have surpassed the first order. If so, you can issue a cash reward in PayPal to the referrer.
How do I test ReferralCandy?
You must have ReferralCandy integrated with Recharge to test.
- Integrate with Recharge.
- Perform a test transaction with a subscription product.
- Complete the test order to share your referral code with a friend.
After you’ve performed a test order, pause your campaign until you are ready to launch.
What rules or limits can I set for my customers?
From your ReferralCandy account, you can set the number of times a person can refer a friend in order to get a reward. You can also set order sizes for referred purchases to count towards a reward. For details on how to configure this, reach out to ReferralCandy's support team.
How and when are rewards applied?
Customer rewards are automatically applied as percentage discounts on their next subscription order. If you choose to pay customers via PayPal, then rewards will be applied outside of Recharge.
For help with the ReferralCandy integration, reach out to the ReferralCandy support team. You can also view the ReferralCandy Help Center.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us