Editing prepaid shipment dates
You may need to adjust the shipment dates on prepaid orders on behalf of a customer. This could be for an individual order or you may need to re-adjust all the dates in a given cycle. This guide provides an overview of updating prepaid shipment dates individually or in bulk.
Before you start
- Changing or skipping a prepaid shipment date will impact the other prepaid shipment dates or the upcoming charge date (if set to renew).
- When changing prepaid shipment dates on subscriptions that have an upcoming renewal date, you may need to change the dates for the next shipment date and the next charge date to ensure that the dates remain aligned.
- The expandable order sections on the Customer details and Subscription details pages now provide more detail for prepaid charges and orders. Refer to prepaid subscriptions details page overview for more information.
Enable skips on prepaid subscriptions
Recharge now supports skips on prepaid subscriptions which will allow customers to skip prepaid orders to the next queued order.
- In the merchant portal, click Storefront and select Customer Portal.
- Under Shipment Frequency, enable Skip shipment and Allow skip shipment on prepaids.
- Scroll down and click Save.
Edit prepaid shipment dates
- In the merchant portal click the Customers tab.
- Search and select the customer.
- Under Upcoming orders, locate the prepaid order using the Renewal tag. Click Action and select Reschedule.
- Change the date accordingly and click Reschedule to confirm.
- Repeat for the other shipments.
Update the upcoming charge date
If adjusting all the prepaid shipments in the prepaid cycle and the prepaid order is set to renew, you may also need to adjust the upcoming charge date.
Click Actions for the scheduled order and select Reschedule next charge. Change the date accordingly and click Reschedule to confirm.
Bulk update prepaid shipment dates
If you have a large number of prepaid orders that need to have their shipment dates changed, Recharge can perform a bulk update of these orders. Follow the steps below to perform this bulk update.
- In the merchant portal, select Exports.
- Click Create export and select Orders - Prepaid Queued.
- Enter your date range and email address to receive the export. Click Create export.
- In the downloaded CSV file, create a new column to the right of the existing columns and label it "NEXT order date." Insert the dates for each order and do this for every customer that needs their shipments changed.
- If the prepaid subscriptions are set to renew and have an upcoming charge date, you will need to create an additional column and label it "NEXT charge date." Insert the dates for each order for all customers who will need their charge date moved.
- Send the CSV file to the Recharge Support team to perform the bulk update.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us