You may need to adjust the shipment dates on prepaid orders on behalf of a customer. This could be for an individual order or you may need to re-adjust all the dates in a given cycle. This guide provides an overview of updating prepaid shipment dates individually or in bulk.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you begin
- Customers cannot change prepaid shipment dates through the Customer Portal, only their future charge date for the next prepaid cycle. Only a Store Owner can adjust prepaid shipment dates in the Recharge Dashboard.
- Changing a prepaid shipment date will not impact the other prepaid shipment dates or the upcoming charge date (if set to renew). Each date will need to be adjusted individually.
- When changing prepaid shipment dates on subscriptions that have an upcoming renewal date, you may need to change the dates for the next shipment date and the next charge date to ensure that the dates remain aligned.
Edit pre-paid shipment dates
- Go to the Recharge Dashboard and search for the customer in the Customers tab.
- On the Subscription orders' page, click on See Details next to the Address ID within the subscription you need to change, and scroll down to the Charges section.
- Click Edit Date next to the queued shipment and select the next shipment date using the date picker.
- Change the date accordingly and Save Shipping.
Update the upcoming charge date
If adjusting all the prepaid shipments in the prepaid cycle and the prepaid order is set to renew, you may also need to adjust the upcoming charge date.
- Edit the remaining prepaid shipment dates for each individual order.
- Once completed, locate the next upcoming charge order and click Change Date next to the upcoming queued charges.
- Adjust the date according to the last prepaid shipment date using the date picker.
- Click Save date when finished.
Bulk update prepaid shipment dates
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
If you have a large number of pre-paid orders that need to have their shipment dates changed, we can perform a bulk update of these orders on our end.
In order to perform this bulk update, you will need to send the Support team the following:
- In the Recharge Dashboard, click the wrench icon and open up the Exports page.
- Access a copy of the Upcoming Orders CSV by clicking Email report and entering your email address. (You may need to click Access the old Export page to get to the CSV exports).
- Create a new column at the right and label it "NEXT order date".
- Insert the dates for each order and do this for every customer that needs their shipments changed.
If the pre-paid subscriptions are set to renew and have an upcoming charge date, you will also need to send the following:
- Download the Upcoming orders CSV from Exports > Order Exports.
- Create a new column at the right of the existing columns and label it "NEXT charge date".
- Insert the dates for each order for all customers who will need their charge date moved.
Once you've completed this, send the CSV file to us and we can perform the bulk update process on our end.
Note: This CSV file needs to be sent five days in advance.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us