In some cases, you might need the order number your customer is set to receive in the next shipping cycle of their subscription plans. This feature passes the order number for a given recurring plan to the Shopify admin portal, as well as the reports section in both of the Shopify and Recharge systems.
In addition to being useful for reporting purposes, this feature can also be beneficial in sending data from the note to third-party app fulfillment systems.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Before you start
- This feature is currently in beta and requires you to contact the Recharge team to request it be enabled for your store.
- This feature does not work with prepaid shipment orders.
- At this time, order sequence numbers are not yet available for the Shopify Checkout integration. Shopify does not provide us with a way to pass custom order notes using the Subscription API.
Enable order sequence numbers
As the feature is in beta, reach out to the Recharge Support team to enable the feature on your Recharge account.
By default, the text will read next order in sequence and include the order number. If you would like to adjust this text, let the Recharge team know.
Note: Enabling or disabling this feature will trigger a refresh of all orders currently queued in your store. Before taking any action please confirm that this will not disrupt any store functionality or custom flows you might have built.
Locate order sequence numbers
Once the feature is enabled on your Recharge account, the order number populates in several different areas of both Recharge and Shopify.
When the order is created in Shopify, the order number will populate in the Note section within the Order details.
You can also export a copy of your orders in Shopify and view the order sequence number in the Notes column.
The order sequence number will also populate into one of the columns in your processed order export in Recharge. To download a copy of your report:
- In the Recharge Dashboard, click the wrench icon and select Exports.
- Under Order exports, click Email report under Processed Orders.
- Enter your email address and date range, if applicable.
When you export, the column can be found in the CSV file, under column AS, labelled cart notes.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us