If you would like to uninstall ReCharge and no longer use our service, you will need to reach out to the ReCharge Support team. This guide provides instructions on how to disable the Subscription Widget and initiate a cancellation request.
Disable the Subscription Widget
If you would like to hide the subscription options from your products, you can disable ReCharge on your storefront.
- Click the person icon in the ReCharge Dashboard.
- Click My Accounts
- Under the Account status section, click Disable ReCharge.
Step 1 - Cancel your ReCharge account
If you would like to cancel your ReCharge account and stop recurring billing:
- Reach out to the Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. To verify account ownership, your email will need to match the store owner email in the My Accounts section of ReCharge. You will also need to provide the .myshopify.com URL of your Shopify store in your request.
- After receiving the request, a member of the Support team will disable recurring billing for your customers and deactivate your ReCharge account.
- Once the cancellation is confirmed, you will need also to cancel any existing subscriber's subscriptions and finally disable and uninstall the app.
Step 2 - Uninstall the ReCharge app
Once the cancellation process is finished and the code uninstalled, you can remove the ReCharge app from your Shopify store. For information on how to uninstall an app from Shopify, visit the Working with apps guide.
Will you notify my customers that I am shutting down subscriptions?
ReCharge does not have a built-in notification to alert customers that subscriptions will be ending. It is the responsibility of the store owner to alert customers of any changes or cancellations to their subscriptions.
I'd like to cancel my account now but use ReCharge again in the future. Is this possible?
Of course! If you would ever like to re-enable ReCharge, simply reach out to the team. The ReCharge staff will help you reinstall ReCharge and reactivate your account.