You can add Facebook pixel tracking directly to your checkout page to track the success of your ad campaigns. The Facebook pixel is a useful tool for conversion tracking.
Not only can you view the direct result of your Facebook ads, but you can also remarket to everyone who visits your site or target customers who visit specific pages or take specific actions. This guide provides instructions on installing your Facebook pixel.
Before you start
- The default FaceBook (FB) tracking code on the thank you page only tracks currency, total price, and the FB tracking ID. You can track all three as well as the product id, variant id, and SKU by adding your own version of the FB code to checkout.
- If you enter the Facebook pixel ID in the ReCharge Checkout settings and also include a Facebook tracking code in the Additional Contents and Scripts section, our system automatically detects the Facebook script and then doesn't show the default pixel we provide on the Thank You page. This is useful if you need to collect additional tracking variables beyond price and currency.
- ReCharge can only provide limited support for installing the Facebook pixel. For information on setting up campaigns and troubleshooting attribution, speak with a third-party Marketing Expert.
Add Facebook pixel ID
The Facebook pixel ID tracks the InitiateCheckout and the Purchase events when a person enters the checkout page. When a person finishes their purchase, it will track the view.
Note: The Facebook pixel ID triggers only on the Thank You page after checkout has been completed.
- Ensure you have your Facebook pixel ID.
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, click on Settings and select Checkout.
- Fill in the Facebook pixel id field.
- Click Save.
Use Facebook pixel on the Thank You page
If you need to collect additional data beyond price and currency, we recommend using the entire tracking code Facebook provides in the Additional Contents & Scripts section. As the Purchase event only sends the price and currency variables, you will require additional tracking information embedded in the code. Once you add the code to the Additional Contents & Scripts, the ReCharge system will disable the Purchase event that is fired by the pixel ID and instead fires the fully injected code block.