This guide explains how to add a discount code to an individual subscription, how to remove discount codes, and how to apply discount codes in bulk.
Before you start
- You need to create the discount code in Recharge, as discount or coupon codes created in your eCommerce platform do not sync over to Recharge. For instructions on creating codes, check out the following guides:
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify or BigCommerce: Creating discount codes
- Shopify Checkout Integration: Creating discount codes for the Shopify Checkout Integration
- You can also enable your customers to add the discount codes on their own via the Customer Portal.
Apply a discount manually
- When logged in to your Recharge Dashboard, select Customers.
- Search and select the name of the customer you will be applying the discount to.
- On the following page, click See Details.
- Select Additional Info & Settings.
- Enter the discount code in the Add a discount code field and click Save.
You can verify that the discount has been applied by viewing the following grey box at the bottom of the page under the upcoming charges.
Remove discount from an existing subscription
To delete a discount within a single subscription, make sure you are on the same page as instructed above in Additional Info & Settings. Clear the Add discount code text box so it is blank and save it.
If you would like the discount removed from the upcoming queued charge, please contact our support team once you've removed the discount code so that we can regenerate the order.
Apply discount codes in bulk
We'd be happy to help you apply discount codes to your existing subscriptions. In order to perform this bulk update, you will need to prepare a CSV file and send it to the Recharge support team.
- Download the Upcoming Orders CSV from Settings (wrench icon) > Exports > Order Exports.
- Create a new column at the end of the file called NEW Discount Code.
- Enter the discount code ID number in the rows that require the discount code.
Once you've completed this, send the CSV file to us and we can perform the bulk update process on our end.