Configuring a prepaid subscription
prepaid subscriptions allow customers to pay for multiple orders upfront, while still ensuring that they receive their product on a regular cadence. You can also set up prepaid gift subscriptions, which include an expiration to ensure it expires after a certain number of charges. This guide explains how to configure prepaid subscriptions in Recharge.
Before you start
- Be sure to review the managing prepaid subscriptions guide for further details and considerations for prepaid subscriptions.
Step 1 - Create your product in your ecommerce platform
Begin by creating a new product on your ecommerce platform. These steps vary depending on the ecommerce platform you are using:
Step 2 - Add products to Recharge
- In the merchant portal, click the Products tab.
- Click Add products.
- Search and select the prepaid product you want to add to Recharge.
- Select Add product.
Step 3 - Configure the prepaid subscription rules for the product
Use the subscription rules settings page to define the subscription type, as well as any order schedules that should apply to the subscription.
Step 1 - Select the subscription type
Select prepaid subscription only under Subscription type.
Step 2 - Set the order schedule
Configure the order schedule to reflect when you would like to charge customers upfront for their scheduled shipments, and when you would like to ship those orders to your customers.
For example, you would use the following settings if you wanted customers to receive a product monthly, and pay once every three months:
- Ship product every: 1 month. This ensures that customers receive one order every month.
- Charge customer every: 3 months. This ensures that customers are charged for their monthly shipment once every three months.
Step 3 - (Optional) Charge customers on a specific day of the month
Optionally, you can choose when the subscription is submitted for shipment. By default, the product will be sent on the same day the initial checkout occurred, but you can also select a specific date.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us