Do I have to contact Cratejoy before making the switch and how will this work with ReCharge’s migration timeline?
Yes, you will need to contact Cratejoy as there is an additional step of moving Stripe or Braintree payment information into your Stripe or Braintree account. This must be scheduled with Cratejoy prior to the migration and it could take up to a week or longer.
Can you walk me through the process of billing old customers on Cratejoy while also having ReCharge turned on?
When you change the domain to point to Shopify, new customers will now be signing up through Shopify and ReCharge. However, Cratejoy will still be running in the background and will be able to process your old customers in the interim.
Can my customers still login to their account and make changes?
Yes, they can! They should be able to login directly to Cratejoy.com and view their orders and subscriptions. We recommend having your team track these changes during the week of the migration so that they can be updated and reflected in your ReCharge account.
What do I do if I have customers in the Cratejoy Marketplace?
Due to data privacy reasons, Cratejoy does not allow merchants to take the payment records for any subscribers that were obtained through the marketplace at Cratejoy.com. That said, there are a couple options here to reduce churn:
1) leave the Marketplace customer on Cratejoy and let Cratejoy process these customers
2) Bring these customers over without their payment information and have them enter a credit card into ReCharge through their Customer Portal.
What do I do if I have customers on PayPal?
You typically cannot migrate these customers over from Cratejoy. There are a couple options here to reduce churn:
1) Leave the PayPal customers on Cratejoy and let Cratejoy process these customers
2) Bring these customers over without their PayPal information and have them enter a credit card into ReCharge through their Customer Portal.
3) If the customer wants to continue using PayPal, they will need to go back through the ReCharge checkout with a new subscription. Some merchants have incentivized the customers in this scenario by offering a coupon or a free month subscription.