Recharge's mission is to empower stores to make payments easy for everyone. This means that we have to limit what we can do in regards to custom designs and integrations so that we can focus on constantly improving the core product. This guide highlights the customizations and integrations we can and cannot support.
Need to know
With Recharge, it's easy to customize your subscriptions and integrate seamlessly with a supported theme (see Supported Shopify themes or Supported BigCommerce themes). If you're tech-savvy or have some help from a Recharge Partner, it is possible to make significant modifications to your theme and how customers buy subscription products.
- Recharge cannot assist with debugging issues on custom or non-major themes.
- Recharge cannot make style changes on your theme.
- Recharge cannot build workflows using the Workflows by Recharge tool.
- Recharge cannot create custom code to build unique order flows.
- Recharge cannot prepare data for bulk updates to your store.
- Recharge cannot assist with integrating the subscription widget on non-product pages. For this custom setup, you can refer to Adding an item to the cart with Ajax, or reach out to a Recharge Partner.
We support basic theme integration into the Recharge app. For themes that are not supported, we recommend you use a Recharge Partner for installing on a customized theme.
Turn-key customizable areas of Recharge
Standard customer portal
Customize the HTML of customer and storeowner notification emails. For more information, visit Notifications.
Update the text your customers see for the checkout and customer portal sections. For more information on translations, visit Language translations.
The subscription widget displays One time & Subscription on products that offer options for subscription intervals. For information on modifying the subscription widget, visit Modifying the subscription widget.
Merchants using the Shopify Checkout Integration can refer to Shopify's guide on Customizing the style of your checkout.
Additionally, Recharge maintains various support resources for developers:
- Access the API Reference to view the Recharge API specification.
- To view guides and tutorials for customizing your Recharge integration, visit the Developer Docs.
- If you need more help, contact the Recharge support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us