Many merchants want to provide a free month's subscription to customers. Depending on the specific scenario, there are a number of methods to use in Recharge. This guide provides an overview of different ways to offer a free order to a customer or group of customers.
Skip an order
Using the Recharge skip function, you can simply skip the next order in a customer's subscription cycle. As this will not generate an order in your eCommerce platform, you will need to manually fulfill the order on your end.
Apply a discount code
If you would like to offer a free month and generate an order in your eCommerce platform, you can create a discount code for 100% off. If it is meant for a single order, you will want to set the number of times the discount can be used to one charge only.
Once the discount is created, you can add it to the customer account. For more information, visit Apply a discount to an existing subscription.
Add an additional shipment to an existing charge
You may have a customer that has a recurring order already and you would like to send out a free shipment prior to their next charge.
- In the Recharge Dashboard, select the Customers tab.
- Search and select the customer.
- Click See Details next to the Address ID.
- Click on the most recent successful order to expand it.
- Click Add Shipment.
- After choosing the date and click Save.
- After you complete these steps, you need to change the next charge date for the next order.
Offer a free order in bulk
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
You may want to provide a promotion to your entire customer base or new customers. Depending on the scenario, review the following options:
- Consider creating a workflow if you would like to make the checkout order free or a future recurring order.
- With custom code, you can automatically apply a discount code to a checkout order.
- If you have a single discount code, the Recharge support team can bulk add the discount to the next order. For more information, visit Apply a discount to an existing order
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us