Google Autocomplete makes it fast and simple for customers to complete their orders at checkout. Instead of having to fill out each address field at checkout, Google will use your customers' street address to auto-populate the empty fields.
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
- Custom (only for merchants that are not using their own checkout)
Before you start
If you use a custom checkout domain and Google Address Autocomplete for your store, you need to add the custom checkout domain as an authorized domain in your Google Dashboard for autocomplete to function correctly.
Step 1 - Create a project in Google API Console
- Log into the Google API Console.
- Click Select a project and choose either your existing project or click on New project. If creating a new project, enter the name of your project and agree to the terms. When finished, click Create.
Step 2 - Enable APIs
- Search the API Library for the Places API and click Enable.
Step 3 - Access credentials
- Select Credentials in the menu.
- Click Create Credentials and select API key.
- Select the API Key Name you just created.
- Locate the Key Restriction section.
- If None is selected move to Step 4.
- If HTTP referrers (websites) is selected, enter checkout.rechargeapps.com in the Accept requests from HTTP referrers (websites) field and click Save.
Step 4 - Enter your API key
- Copy the API key from the Credentials page.
- Click Apps in the merchant portal.
- Click Get under Google Address Autocomplete.
- Paste the API key into the Google Address API Key field
- Click Save.
Step 5 - Enable billing on the Google Cloud project
As per Google, If you have a project that is not linked to an active, valid Cloud Billing account, you will not be able to use the products and services enabled in your project. Refer to Google's article on Enabling, disabling, or changing billing for a project.
If you have any questions about Google Address Autocomplete or require assistance, reach out to the Recharge support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us