Google Autocomplete makes it fast and simple for customers to complete their orders at checkout. Instead of having to fill out each address field at checkout, Google will use your customers' street address to auto-populate the empty fields.
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Before you start
If you use a custom checkout domain and Google Address Autocomplete for your store, you need to add the custom checkout domain as an authorized domain in your Google Dashboard for autocomplete to function correctly.
Step 1 - Create a project in Google API Console
- First, log into the Google API Console.
- Click Select a project and choose either your existing project or click on Create a project. If creating a new project, enter the name of your project and agree to the terms. When finished, click Create.
- If the APIs are present, proceed to Step 3.
- If the APIs are not listed, you'll need to enable the APIs.
Step 2 - Enable APIs
Search the API Library for Google Places API Web Service
Click on Google Places API Web Service and click Enable
Click on Google Places API Web Service and click Enable.
Step 3 - Access credentials
- Select Credentials the API Manager menu.
- Click Create Credentials and select the API key.
- Select the API Key Name you just created.
- Locate the Key Restriction section.
- If None is selected move to Step 4.
- If HTTP referrers (websites) is selected, enter checkout.rechargeapps.com in the Accept requests from HTTP referrers (websites) field and click Save.
Step 4 - Enter your API key
- Copy the API key from the Credentials page.
- In Recharge, click Integrations in the Recharge Dashboard.
- Click Get under Google Autocomplete.
- Paste the API key into the Google Address API Key field
- Click Save.
If you have any questions about Google Autocomplete require assistance, reach out to the Recharge support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us