You may need to update the product title or variant title for your customer's subscription, either individually or in bulk. This guide provides instructions on where to edit the product title in Recharge and how to prepare a CSV for a bulk update.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Update the product name in your ecommerce platform so that it applies to all new subscriptions.
- Changing the title does not automatically change the product assigned. If you would like to swap a product, review the product swapping guide.
Rename the product for an existing subscription
To rename the product for an existing subscription, you must edit the product name in a customer's existing order.
Customer details page
- In the merchant portal, click Customers.
- Search for and select the customer account.
- Expand the Subscriptions section.
- Click the product that is changing name.
- Select Edit subscription product in the Subscription product section
- In the Product name box, enter your new product title.
- Click Save.
- Select the Subscriptions tab in your merchant portal.
- Search for the subscription to edit.
- Click the Actions drop-down and select Edit subscription product.
- Update the product name select Save.
Bulk update product and variant titles
There are two methods for adjusting the subscription product titles or variants in bulk. Review the methods below and select based on your needs or preference.
Method 1 - Multi-select tool
You can use the Multi-select tool to update the product or variant titles for individual subscriptions on the Subscriptions page. To process the update search and select the subscriptions to be updated on the Subscriptions page and use Product title or Variant title in the Edit properties menu on the Actions dropdown.
Review the Multi-select tool guide for detailed instructions.
Method 2 - Bulk Managing Subscriptions tool
Use the Bulk Managing Subscriptions tool to update the product titles. To process this type of update you will need to complete the CSV Template at the bottom of the page with:
- The variant title column can be removed if you do not use variants.
To make an update using the import tool:
- Use the Export Builder to pull the Subscriptions - All or Subscriptions - Active export.
- Copy and paste the required fields noted above from the Subscriptions export into the template file. All other columns in the template can be removed.
- Once your CSV file is ready to import, follow steps 2 and 3 in the Bulk managing subscriptions guide to complete the update.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us