Google Analytics tracking is often incomplete for stores using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify, and for any recurring orders processed through Recharge. That’s where Littledata comes in. Littledata is a smart analytics connector that works with your Google Analytics setup to ensure accurate ecommerce tracking. Integrating Littledata with Recharge lets you capture data about the entire subscriber journey, from marketing campaigns to first-time payments and recurring revenue.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
- Get complete marketing attribution for Recharge orders. Littledata works behind the scenes to track every Shopify order, first-time subscription payment and recurring order, and ties those sales back to the original marketing campaign.
- Works with any checkout - Checkout steps and completion rates are tracked consistently whether you use the Recharge Checkout on Shopify or the Shopify Checkout Integration.
- Send data to Segment, Google Analytics, or any connected reporting tool or data warehouse - The Recharge connection works in tandem with Littledata’s main Shopify connections for Segment or Google Analytics. We use a combination of server-side and client-side tracking for complete data.
- Cross-domain tracking for accurate attribution - Cross-domain tracking ensures that when your customers are redirected to the Recharge checkout, the original customer identifiers are not lost and a unified customer journey can be traced in Segment or Google Analytics. This works automatically for the Recharge domain, but you can also add additional cross-domain tracking as needed.
- New Views for one-time orders, first-time subscriptions, and ongoing subscriptions (recurring orders) - Littledata sets up additional Views in Google Analytics to track one-time orders, first-time subscriptions, and recurring orders. For all subscriptions that started after you installed the Littledata app, you will be able to group those payments by a subscriber, and group by the marketing channel or campaign which caused them to start subscribing.
- Custom dimensions - Littledata adds custom dimensions for building cohorts and reporting in Google Analytics and connected data tools. These include:
- Shopify Customer ID
- Date of last subscription payment
- Order count
- Customer lifetime value (LTV)
- Subscription lifecycle tracking. Every time a subscription is created, cancelled, or paused - or a payment method fails or is updated - you can link these events back to the customer.
How it works
- Littledata’s checkout tracking works without the need to add Google Tag Manager or other tracking scripts to the Recharge. This simplifies implementation and reduces the risk that third-party scripts will interrupt or intercept sensitive payment details or other data.
- Littledata makes a server-side integration between Shopify and Google Analytics. Every time an order is processed on Shopify, Littledata links that revenue to the user in Google Analytics (as stored in the _ga cookie). To link orders to users, Littledata needs to add the customer’s client ID to the note attributes of the order; that will appear in your Shopify admin, but is not visible to customers.
- If the Littledata app cannot find a user session associated with the order, for example, when the subscriber signed up before you installed Littledata’s tracking, we add a default client ID. You can still link all these "orphan" user sessions together via the Shopify customer ID dimension.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us