As a store owner, there are several properties you may need to adjust for an existing subscriber. You may need to update how often you charge an existing subscriber or, in the case of prepaids, update how often you ship a product. This guide provides instructions on updating the charge and ship frequencies for an existing customer.
Before you start
If you want to adjust a subscription's upcoming order date and the subscription frequency, you need to update the frequency first before updating the upcoming order date. If done in reverse, the frequency action will override the date change.
Edit charge frequency
If you charge and ship on the same day, you will need to adjust the charge frequency:
- In the ReCharge Dashboard under Customers, search and select the desired customer and then click See Details.
- Click Edit next to the charge frequency.
- Adjust the frequency value and interval.
- Click Save when finished.
Updating the charge or ship frequency in the customer account will not affect the price. If you need to adjust the price of the subscription, click Edit next to the listed price and enter the new price.
Recalculate next shipment
ReCharge can automatically recalculate a subscription's upcoming charge date if you or a customer adjust the frequency to prevent double-billing. With this setting enabled, the new charge date will get pushed back to the end of the new frequency.
To view settings, go to Settings > General. If Automatically recalculate next charge date when the subscription charge frequency is changed is checked off, ReCharge will automatically push out the next charge date of a subscription if the frequency is adjusted.
Edit charge and ship frequency for prepaid subscriptions
If you charge and ship at different intervals, you will need to adjust the item properties.
- In the ReCharge Dashboard under Customers, search and select the desired customer and then click See Details as pictured below.
- For pre-paid subscriptions, click Edit Recurring Properties.
- Click Pre-paid Frequency Settings at the bottom of the pop-up window and adjust the shipping and charge frequency settings.
- Once updated, click Save.
Bulk update charge and ship frequency
If you need to update the charge and ship frequency for more than 50 customers, the ReCharge support team can help facilitate a bulk update.
- In Settings > Exports, access the Purchase Items CSV.
- Add additional columns at the end of the CSV titled:
- Fill in the rows with the new frequency value and frequency type.
- Once finished, save the CSV file and send to the ReCharge support team. Please allow 5 business day to complete the bulk update.