As a store owner with changing business needs, you may need to adjust the configuration of an existing subscription. For example, you could update how often you charge an existing subscriber or, in the case of pre-paid subscriptions, how often you ship a product. This guide provides instructions on updating the charge and ship frequencies for an existing customer.
Before you start
In cases where both the order date and frequency need to be updated, update the frequency before updating the upcoming order date. If the date is updated before the frequency, the frequency action will override the date change.
Edit charge frequency
For subscriptions that charge and ship on the same day, the charge frequency is adjusted.
- In the merchant portal under Customers, search and select the desired customer and then click See details.
- Click Edit next to the charge frequency.
- Adjust the frequency value and interval.
- Click Save when finished.
Edit charge and ship frequency for pre-paid subscriptions
Pre-paid subscriptions charge and ship at different intervals. In these cases, you need to adjust the item properties.
- In the merchant portal under Customers, search and select the desired customer and then click See Details.
- Click Edit Recurring Properties.
- Click Pre-Paid Frequency Settings at the bottom of the pop-up window and adjust the shipping and charge frequency settings.
- Once updated, click Save changes.
Recalculate next shipment
Recharge can automatically recalculate a subscription's upcoming charge date when frequency is updated to prevent double-billing. With this setting enabled, the new charge date will get pushed back to the end of the new frequency.
To adjust this setting:
- Click settings and select Payment.
- Check or uncheck Automatically recalculate next charge date when the subscription charge frequency is changed. When this setting is checked off, Recharge will automatically push out the next charge date of a subscription if the frequency is adjusted.
Bulk update charge and ship frequency
If you need to update the charge and ship frequency for more than 50 customers, the Recharge support team can help facilitate a bulk update.
- In the merchant portal under Exports, use the Create Export button to create the Subscriptions - All export.
- Add additional columns at the end of the CSV titled:
- Fill in the rows with the new frequency value and frequency type.
- Once finished, save the CSV file and send it to the Recharge support team. Please allow 5 business days to complete the bulk update.
unit_typerefers to the interval unit of time. For example, if adjusting to an annual subscription, you would enter
charge_interval_frequencyas 12 and
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us