Mailchimp is an email marketing service, sending over 10 billion marketing emails per month on behalf of its users and works by linking customer records to a mailing list. Recharge creates a record for each customer automatically.
This guide covers how Mailchimp works with Recharge and enabling the integration.
How it works
- When an order is completed in your ecommerce platform, a webhook is processed to see if the customer agreed to receive marketing. If so, they are subscribed to the list in Mailchimp.
- When an order is paid for, the order information is passed to Mailchimp via API methods to support the ecommerce data. When an order is canceled, Mailchimp will delete the order from the customer's ecommerce profile in Mailchimp to ensure that the ecommerce platform and Mailchimp are in sync with correct order information.
- When a customer account is created, updated, or deleted, Mailchimp checks to see if the customer agreed to receive marketing. If so, the customer is subscribed to the list in Mailchimp. If the customer did not agree to receive marketing, the customer is unsubscribed. When a customer unsubscribes in Mailchimp, the customer account will be updated in your ecommerce platform to reflect that they no longer wish to receive marketing.
The integration requires a Mailchimp API key to be collected and manually entered into Recharge.
- Click your profile image at the bottom-left in Mailchimp and select Account.
- Click Extras and select API Keys.
- Copy your API key or click Create A Key if you need to create one.
- Click Apps in your merchant portal and select Marketplace. Locate Mailchimp and select Get.
- Enter your Mailchimp API Key and click Save.
- Select the list that you want subscribers that cancel to be added to, and click Activate.
Questions and support
Any questions regarding list building, sending emails, or general Mailchimp functionality should be directed towards Mailchimp support.
Mailchimp is supported by Recharge for Shopify merchants. The app is considered in early adoption for BigCommerce and provided as-is. If you have any technical issues or questions while setting up the Mailchimp integration, contact Recharge support.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us