For the subscription widget to appear on your site, you will need Recharge's base code on your Shopify theme. You can choose to install the code on your published theme or you may request the Recharge team to install it on an unpublished, duplicate theme.
- This guide is applicable to merchants using Shopify. If you use BigCommerce, refer to our dedicated guide Supported BigCommerce themes.
Before you start
- If you change your Shopify theme, it will override the Recharge code. This can result in the subscription widget disappearing from your product pages or working incorrectly. If you need to change the theme on your store, we recommend reaching out to the Recharge support team in advance to help with the Recharge code installation.
- The supported Shopify themes differ based on your store's Recharge checkout platform:
- Recharge is supported on 1.0 and 2.0 versions of the supported Shopify themes. For installation instructions for 2.0 themes, Overview of the Shopify 2.0 Subscription Widget.
- Stores using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify do not have support for Online Store 2.0 themes out of the box and will require additional code customizations to integrate Recharge with these themes. Refer to the Dev Docs for more information on widget customization.
Recharge Checkout on Shopify themes
|Avenue||Focal||Mr. Parker / Ms. Parker||Solo|
Shopify Checkout Integration themes
Change your Shopify theme
If you change your Shopify theme, it will override the Recharge code. This can result in the subscription widget disappearing from your product pages or working incorrectly. If you need to change the theme on your store, we recommend reaching out to the Recharge support team in advance to help with the Recharge code installation.
If you see the error code
Could not find asset snippets/subscription-product.liquid, it is likely that your Shopify theme has been changed. Reach out to the Recharge support team to have your Recharge code reinstalled.
Duplicate your Shopify theme
You may want to give Recharge a test drive or would like to do some work on an unpublished theme before going live. In this case, you will want to duplicate your current Shopify theme.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us