Supported Shopify themes
For the subscription widget to appear on your site, you will need Recharge's base code on your Shopify theme. This guide covers how to change or duplicate your theme, and which themes are supported under your integration.
- This guide is applicable to merchants using Shopify. If you use BigCommerce, refer to our dedicated guide Supported BigCommerce themes.
Before you start
- If you change your Shopify theme, it will override the Recharge code. This can result in the subscription widget disappearing from your product pages or working incorrectly. See Change your Shopify theme for more information.
- The supported Shopify themes differ based on your store's Recharge checkout platform:
- Recharge is supported on 2.0 versions of the supported Shopify themes. To integrate 2.0 themes using the Shopify 2.0 subscription widget, view Overview of the Shopify 2.0 Subscription Widget.
- Stores using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify do not have support for Online Store 2.0 themes out of the box and will require additional code customizations to integrate Recharge with these themes. Reach out to the Recharge support team for assistance with using 2.0 themes on the Recharge Checkout on Shopify.
Recharge Checkout on Shopify themes
The following themes are compatible with stores using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify. The subscription widget can be easily integrated into most Shopify themes. If your theme does not appear in this list, reach out to the Recharge support team. In most cases, our team can assist with the integration.
|Atlantic||Fluid||Mr. Parker / Ms. Parker||Startup|
Shopify Checkout Integration themes
The following themes are compatible with stores using the Shopify Checkout Integration. If you are using a Shopify 2.0 theme, see Supported Shopify 2.0 themes. If you are interested in a theme that is not listed, reach out to the theme provider to confirm if they support Shopify subscriptions.
Legacy third-party themes
Third-party themes are created and supported by third-party developers. Neither Shopify nor Recharge offers support for third-party themes. Older versions of these themes may require customization to integrate with Recharge. To reach the third-party developer for support, refer to Shopify's theme support guidelines.
Supported Shopify 2.0 themes
All Shopify 2.0 themes are compatible with the Shopify Checkout Integration. See Overview of the Shopify 2.0 subscription widget for more information on using Recharge with Shopify 2.0 themes.
Change your Shopify theme
If you change your Shopify theme, it will override the Recharge code. This can result in the subscription widget disappearing from your product pages or working incorrectly. If you need to change the theme of your store, we recommend reaching out to the Recharge support team in advance to help with the Recharge code installation.
If you see the error code
Could not find asset snippets/subscription-product.liquid, it is likely that your Shopify theme has been changed. Reach out to the Recharge support team to have your Recharge code reinstalled.
Duplicate your Shopify theme
You may want to give Recharge a test drive or would like to do some work on an unpublished theme before going live. In this case, you will want to duplicate your current Shopify theme.
Be sure to grant collaborative access to Recharge admins, ensuring they can complete the integration in your duplicate theme. Provide the name of the duplicate theme in an email to our team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us