When updating products in Shopify, you will also need to sync these products in ReCharge. These types of changes include:
- Adjustments to your price
- Changes to variants (adding a new size or color)
- Product title updates
- Changes to product SKUs
It is necessary to re-sync your products so that ReCharge will have the most up-to-date information. This guide provides instructions on how to sync your products in ReCharge
Before you start
- Re-syncing your products will only impact new subscribers. If you need to update existing subscriptions for existing customers, you will need to perform a bulk update.
- Syncing products will only update product title changes if the auto-renew product title has never been changed. As soon as the name of the auto-renew product is manually edited, syncing will no longer affect it.
Sync your subscription products
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, go to Rulesets and select the desired ruleset by clicking the pencil icon.
- To sync an individual product, click the sync icon.
To sync all products within the ruleset, click Sync all products.
- Click on the boxed arrow beside your product name to see your changes reflected in a preview.
Tip: Clicking Save at the bottom of a ruleset will also re-sync all of the products in that ruleset.
Syncing variant images
ReCharge is not able to sync the variant images on Shopify when we create a duplicate auto-renew product because Shopify uses a separate API endpoint for these images.
To prevent multiple API calls during resync, and thus slow down the resync process due to Shopify's API Rate Limiter, we do not perform an additional call to the variant images endpoints.
To add images to the variants on your auto-renew product, we recommend manually adding the variant image in Shopify to your auto-renew products. This will ensure that the variant images are present.
Please note that if you do resync the product, you will need to manually re-add the variant images.