If you have made changes to your products through your ecommerce platform you will need to update them with Recharge. This process is called syncing. These types of changes include:
- Adjustments to your price
- Changes to variants (adding a new size or color)
- Product title updates
- Changes to product SKUs
It is necessary to re-sync your products so that Recharge has the most up-to-date product information. This guide provides instructions on how to sync your products in Recharge.
Before you start
- Syncing products only impacts new subscribers. Review Adding or swapping a product or SKU for steps to update existing subscriptions for existing customers.
- Syncing subscription products is not required when using the Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce or Shopify Checkout Integration as all product data is kept in sync between the two platforms.
Sync variant images
Recharge is not able to sync the variant images on Shopify when a duplicate auto-renew product is created because Shopify uses a separate API endpoint for these images. Recharge does not perform an additional call to the variant image endpoints. This is to prevent multiple API calls during sync, which slow down the sync process due to Shopify's API Rate Limiter.
You can manually add the variant image in Shopify for your auto-renew products. This ensures that the variant images are present on the subscription.
Note: If you do re-sync the product, the images must be manually re-added. When you need to update the variant image, it is recommended to delete and re-add the product to Recharge again.
Sync product weight and taxable status
There are a few settings that cannot be updated by syncing. If you need to update the product weight or taxable setting it is best to manually update the auto-renew product on Shopify.
The product can also be removed and re-added into Recharge, however, if you use custom code on your theme that code would need to be updated to match the new auto-renew product that is created.
Syncing products will not update the product title on the subscription rule in Recharge. Syncing is used to update the auto-renew product with the new product information. If you would like to update how the product title reads in Recharge remove and re-add the product to the subscription rule.
If you manually change the name of the auto-renew product on Shopify syncing will no longer affect the auto-renew product. To update in that case, delete the current auto-renew product and then sync.
Sync products belonging to subscription rules
- Select Products in the merchant portal.
- Use the Actions menu to Sync products individually. Alternatively, you can use the Bulk tool to sync multiple products at once.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us